Account-Wide Corruptions?

Hello everyone,

That corruption vendor was a great idea but if it is gonna be account-wide, it would be better. What do you think?

1 Like

I’d settle for echoes being like marks of honour, something you can mail to an alt…

3 Likes

Disagree. People would probably exploit the amount of echoes they can get using alts.

1 Like

Give them an inch…

4 Likes

And the problem with that is? The last change literally made me decide to play one fewer character as I wouldn’t be able to force myself to do 3 more assaults and 7 more emissaries per week. Being able to get at least one of the characters I play to a spot where I like it and consider it finished faster wouldn’t be a bad thing. And its not like you’d be skipping out on anything - echoes don’t fall from the sky because you have an alt - you’d still have to do the things that annoy you on your main - you just wouldn’t have to miss out on things that are probably good in case something better rotates in next week because you’d have enough currency to afford both (assuming you have 1 char you want corruptions on and a few alts).

1 Like

No, I don’t like that fix.
Just remove the dumb cycle. Why do they rotate?! it makes no sense.

2 Likes

Imagine you buy on your main your bis coruptions and you pumps, then you go to your alt to use your acc wide coruptions and u are dead before u cast first spell because your cloak is low.

From all things that should be acc wide, coruption and gear is the last.

ACC wide currencies are a terrible idea. Too many issues and unhealthy gameplays.

You shouldn’t have to play your alt to gear your main. And this is what would happen with acc wide echoes as most sources are timegated.

So a change making it easier to gear your characters made you play less ? Sounds dishonest as hell.

It sure did. Most sources are time gated and most of them are tedious. Up until this update I had little to no incentive for world quests. I did the emissaries for gold and that was about it. I did the assaults on 4 characters and did 1-2 visions per char (didnt bother with 4 mask runs on my paladin because I have 475 properly statted and corrupted gear as a personal goal and I’m not planning on doing mythic). Before the update it was basically a one vision per week, some m+, kill hc nzoth and ilganoth if I feel like it. Very simple, doesn’t take too much time or effort and not too tedious. Now I have to grind out enough echoes for the corruptions I want. Note that this is in no way a complaint about the grind but a complaint about the source. The most efficient sources are world quests, assaults and horrific visions. Please tell me which of those are fun. Hand on heart count the number of times that you’ve logged in on a character and been like “oh boy, I can’t wait to do some world quests!”.
This, combined with the fact that the M+15 chest gives 250 made me very quickly come to the conclusion that no, I don’t wanna do it on more characters.
TLDR: Vendor good, rotation bad, source of currency - fine (I guess), amount awarded per source - probably couldn’t be worse. So yes, for me, putting up with it for a week of hard grind and ending up with a version of my character that I’m happy with is fine. Having to go through tedious, boring and (in the case of 5 mask runs) just unpleasant content week after week on more characters isn’t worth the time or the effort.

1 Like

they gave us rubbish.
Blame them for it is the right move.
The vendor has a rotation out of pure greed.

Also the amount of echoes you can earn through difficult activities is a complete joke.
Run a 40min dungeon on +15 give me like 200 echoes lolz

Citation needed.

you think a cooperation will openly tell you that they implement a vendor with rotational items because they like time gating and keep you spinning the wheel?

since we are grinding already a currency, a rotation on a vendor does nothing else than time gating you even more because it is impossible to spend your farmed currency.

Echoes increase MAUs, vendor rotation prolongs sub time needed to finally be disappointed

there is no sense in putting in a vendor rotation, especially if you consider that only stacking 1 corruption is the goal for pretty much every single spec in the game.

This would then literally be the reason as to why they did it.

Seems to me like it does the exact opposite. :laughing:

Most of 8.1 with the PvP assaults as it often turned out to be an absolute bloodbath. Merely 5 WQs but some of the most fun I ever had in BFA as we would form parties to hunt assassins and then become assassins and try to hold on as long as possible. Unbalanced mess overall but really enjoyable.

As for the visions themselves I don’t mind the assaults tbh. That’s 1k gold per assault completed fyi so it’s not that bad for what, 15min spend in the zone ? Call to arms weekly quests are still pretty fun when I bother to do them tho

What I find surprising tho is that you were basically required to do visions every week should you want to get decent corrupted gear, but now that you get another option you feel that it now forces your hand… If you didn’t aim for corrupted gear in the first place, can’t you just do M+ and PvP to get your echoes ?

It’ll be slower but you didn’t mind it before the vendor right ?

I still do it. But it is considerably slower. I ended up blowing all my vessels last night so that was 13 0 mask runs just so that I could get enough echoes for %vers on both my tanks (3 on my paladin and 2 on my druid).

In my opinion actually aiming for corrupted gear is ridiculous (i.e. my mage still hasn’t seen %mastery and neither of my characters has seen TD3). I’m possibly one of the very few people who are unhappy that they got Gushing Wounds - got it on an improperly statted ring for my tank.

As for the required visions weekly - see the difference? I did 1-2 per week and was able to stack up coalescing on all of my characters because getting the right corruptions on properly statted items was ridiculous. And now I did roughly 3 hours and 15 mins of the almost exact same thing (honestly i thought vision RNG bugged out as for example I didn’t see Bwemba once and the crystals were almost always in the same locations).

The reward per run (for me at least) actually made it feel worse as 0 mask runs give you as much as three +15 runs. Now you look at me and tell me in what world the reward for 4 world quests (10 mins of faceroll content) is the same as an M+15 which for me at leas isn’t faceroll content and is three times less than a 0 mask run which as established is 15 mins of faceroll content and that feels in any way good.

And as for your last question - yes, I didn’t mind farming that much before the vendor (the RNG was still too much). Now all my efforts feel completely devalued as the most echo rewarding content is the least challenging. It actually feels like a waste of time to farm echoes through challenging content so yes - why would I want to waste my time on more characters?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.