Account wide essences

I would cap accountbound essences to a rank 1 or 2 essence. But not 3. 3 has to be earned through the work behind it.

Why. What for.
I already grinded whatever content to get rank 3, why should i do it again?
Should i run again X times the same raid to get the same item for the same essence i’ve already grinded?
Aside from having me play more, what is the point in this? It’s not going to be fun.

1 Like

Character progression. Should all your alts leech of your main?

On something brutally generic like the essences, yes.
If the essences were class specific effects, i may agree on not having them account bound, but since those are very very generic, it makes no sense other than force us to grind more.

Personally, i think that pretty much everything that isn’t class specific should be account bound, more “i have a team of char” rather than “i have 4 different toons”.

2 Likes

That completly goes againts what mmorpgs stood for. WoW ia alredy butchered enought and we dont need another system to butcher it even more.

Nah, it is fine as is.

No need to make it account wide.

BFA actualy is alt friendly. Problem is that you dont want to play alts. You want to play multiple mains. Which makes you entilted which makes your argument pointless. Alts should never tackle high end content unless you put some serious time into that character. Alts always were here to farm mogs, mounts, gather materials or just for bit of new flavour. But definitly not for runing high mythic+ keys and raiding.

Yes.
/10char

1 Like

I came here for this exact reason. Alts are not viable with this system. I recently got to playing on my warrior who had barely done any of the 8.2 stuff. While she nicely got caught up on her gear with this new patch, she barely has 2 essences right now. And currently there are esssences you just can’t get without extreme effort. For example the Azshara essence is something i concider fairly unobtainable at higher ranks. Especially for those that aren’t in communities or guilds. Imagine trying to get your BiS essences but being unable to do so simply because you can’t get a group together.
Maybe accountwide essences isn’t the solution here but we have nothing to mitigate the amount of time needed to be put on just barely catching up one alt. For crying out loud there isn’t even a"i have heard this tale before…" skip option.

I’m in favour. I’d like to experience the game from multiple classes and specs, so far it’s not going on well.

Well, yes.

See there’s the thing. I’m well known throughout Mechagon, saved their people and even found the Ultra Turbo Whatsitsface to get the Rank 4 Vision. I’m adored and exalted. Now I talk about this guy I know, it’s a swell guy. Love that dude. I tell the Mechagonians everything about him and why he’s such a cool person.

Do you think he should start out as “Neutral” with their faction or as “Friendly”? Perhaps even as “Honored” because he’s the best friend of their hero? Hell, I’d even go as far to put that friend on the “Revered” status, because frankly a person that’s exalted with them should have the capability to raise their alter ego’s reputation to that rank.

I personally don’t think you need to make them account wide, but for heavens sake make it easier to earn them after already earning them once.

Eternal Palace Raid Essence: Continue to drop Aqueous Reliquary’s after completing all the essences for all the specs. Make said drops account bound.

Mechagon & Nazjatar: You’re the hero of said faction. Use said hero status to increase the reputation gain of an alt until a certain level of reputation, or start alts out on a certain level of reputation. Either is fine.

Conflict & Strife and Blood of the Enemy: No idea, honestly. Don’t make PvP Essences insanely good in PvE. Achievements are account wide so I believe the purchasing rights should be too, but they’re not. I haven’t got a better idea to help make these essences less painful, though.

People feel the need to ask for account wide essences, and I even agree to an extent, I too would prefer account wide essences to what we have now, but there’s obviously arguments against them being account wide. However, there’s a large barricade in front of essences. Climbing said barricade once should make climbing it a second time easier. And even easier the third, fourth, and so on.

Sadly Blizzard will not listen to anything nor hear out any arguments. They’ll do what they believe is best, which is often simply not the case. But hey, at least we can occasionally check Ions character, to see what corruptions are being buffed next.

Not gonna lie, i will not farm those ever again.

This would improve the patch alot

I didn’t dislike Conflict & Strife. I despised Blood of the Enemy. And the fact that its initial Honor Requirement was 20k higher than it is now simply shows how insanely untested and not thought through that essence went.

1 Like

I only have c&s rank 1 as I have no arena experience whatsoever. I would’ve loved rank2 but I get anxiety just by thinking about arena.

Fair enough, I understand the intimidating nature of arena, especially towards people with no experience. It’s fairly straightforward though, especially since you lose little to no points until you’re ranked higher, so 1000 rating is truly not that much. It just requires you to play, which for some people already is a large barrier, which makes it even worse to make that essence this insanely good in PvE.

Not a single PvP player wants to PvE to get PvP gear and not a single PvE player wants to PvP to get PvE gear. Both sides want to keep their content differentiated from the other, even those that play both parts. Only Blizzard seems to not get that part.

1 Like

Well no. Noz interested playing char only to see that chars what i barely touch are on exact same progress. Also it would force players into playing multiple chars in order to maximaze essence acquisition.

I understand that you’re a level 16 classic player, so you may not understand it, but what advantage is there for your main character to provide your other characters for boni when collecting essences?

“Oh damn, now I have to play multiple characters to quickly get essences on multiple characters! Shucks!”

Thanks for making me laugh though. Now go change that Avatar to a troll you silly.

Imagine you have 3 essences and all cost 50 perls. But you can earn only 12 perls per day on 1 char which forces you to play minumum of 3 chars to speed up getting those essences so no thanks. Also in moment Blizzard will allow this everybody will start demanging other power progression system to become accwide. Becouse if you allowed essences to be AW why not gear, reps, or legedary cloak? No thanks it will be better for Blizzard to avoid this.

So… exactly the same as it is now since you can buy rep tokens for manapearls?

And exactly the same as it was for Benthic gear, which forced players to get out all their 120 green equipped chars to grind those pearls?

I mean you’re most likely not looking to play more than one character, so you’ve never had the issue of being forced to grind 30k honor on 3 different characters, but don’t you think the attitude of “It doesn’t bother me so you’re wrong” is a bit selfish? It’s similar to those people who post “I don’t have that issue” under posts which seek advice for an issue they’re having.