"account-wide" flying?

Isn’t unlocking flying supposed to be battle.net account-wide? I have a WoW US and a WoW EU on the exact same bnet account, and somehow I don’t have flying on the US account while it is unlocked on the EU account.

Do you have the same mounts/pets/achievements on both accounts? I’m pretty sure EU and US accounts are separate.

5 Likes

US and EU are entirely seperate. Whatever you do on EU has zero impact on NA.

6 Likes

this ^^

1 Like

So it is not actually account-wide, this restriction “account-wide BUT NOT between EU and US” does not make sense, why should there be a difference in paying for two EU accounts and one EU and one US account?

as been said millions of times before, it just be like dat yo.

But that’s not a very convincing answer!! At least they should say “region account wide” and not “battle.net account wide”. I just find it a bit dumb we can have an EU and an US license on the same bnet account, yet they’re not connected.

us version counts as different game. flying is an achievement and you dont take your achievements to us. So it makes sense you cant fly.

Wish it would clearly show as such, from the BNet launcher & in-game everything is exactly the same

well its common problem when you want to participate in us forums, if it makes you feel better now you can participate in us forums if you char is plus 10 level. Us forums are known to be the ones that matter.

Yep I have noticed I only have access to my US chars on the US forums

It is a confusing description, it’s account wide but not region wide.

There are three regions, NA, EU and Asia

There are only a couple minor differences tbh, like the missing Brewfest quest and the character name randomiser. But they still count as different. Like the China version has boneless Undead when the other versions (currently) don’t.

1 Like

It’s probably just a variable that changes depending on the region, I don’t think all three regions have a different build of the game. In fact, both regions share the exact same game files.
Even in the WTF folder, configs are all under the same account…

I’m quite sure the Chinese version is a different build but I’m not so sure about the EU/US differences. China’s WoW is more than just changing the playable Undead race. Look at the Chinese Marrowgar for example:

Compared to the EU/US one:

You could still download all the assets for all regions, then the game would pick the ones in use depending on your region. Anyway there are no differences between the US and EU files so…

It’s funny that they refuse to allow spooky scary skelingtons yet the abominations made by stretching skin on top of them make them look far more spooky and scary than skelingtons will ever be. Poor Skelingtons.

The PTR uses files/assets from the base game and it’s a different client.

It’s a different build though, and it has a dedicated folder; so does classic and beta. Both EU and US are in retail.

I don’t understand why Account wide isn’t account wide, Surely they have equivalent models for mounts and pets in other regions if they are different?

EU and US should definitely be account wide, they reason I think they aren’t?

M O N E Y and Blizzards obsession with getting it out of us.