Account-wide ignore?

Anyone know of an addon or something to put people on ignore so that all of their characters are ignored by all of my characters? And also ideally prohibits me from interacting with them in any way (trade, invite etc).

Having people leave instantly after first wipe in a very explicit WEEKLY key, or having to listen to clowns in solo shuffle etc is just not my cup of tea. Not to mention scammers and other filth.

Blizzard should work on their current ignore function, cos it feels very insufficient atm.

4 Likes

It already works like that, you ignore one and it ignore the whole account. I have tested it with a friend and unless its changed its been in game for over a year now.

1 Like

Oh, in that case Im sorry for making this thread!

Does it work account-wide both ways? As in all of their characters + all of your own? And do you know if it also applies to sign-ups in group finder? So that if I sign up for a key it will notify me in some way or simply prohibit it if the person is ignored? And will it prohibit ignored people from signing up to my groups?

3 Likes

Not sure on that but never say sorry for making a thread. It would be worth testing with a friend and if it doesnt this addon might help not sure

(https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/global-ignore-list)
2 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciated.

1 Like

If you tagged key with “completion” or you wrote “weekly/vault” run, and someone leaves after first wipe, then they should be penalized, if you ask me.

2 Likes

I just tested with a friend now, and from what I can tell the account-wide aspect only goes one way.

I can ignore someone on one character and they wont be able to whisper me nor sign up to my groups on any of their characters. But if I log on a different character they can both whisper me and sign up to my groups.

Would love to have others test and confirm!
If this is the case, then I stand by my original statement :thinking:

4 Likes

I still don’t get why ignoring someone isn’t bnet bound.

2 Likes

yes but actually no.
It’s not very consistent. I’ve tried it with some buddies and it doesn’t work quite the same as that.

Curiously using the /who function seems to be tied to the ignore system. Not sure what the cross contamination of coding is but if you can /who them the ignore works but if they don’t show up it doesn’t work.

honestly quite a baffling system in place.

2 Likes

Global Ignore addon works account wide and it’s unlimited

Nah it’s not truly unlimited.
There are some hard limits on the game’s friendlist/ignore list functionality, and iirc you can bypass it with the right LUA but you’re basically hacking the game in a way that is technically breaking ToS as you’re going beyond what the game limitations are.

The ignore list is unlimited though. If there is actual ToS breaking how is there a quarter of a million downloads without any reported ban issues?

Delayed reaction i’m guessing or Blizz don’t care/don’t want to deal with it. Really they should be happy players are fixing a problem they won’t.

The addon has been out since 2015 , 8 year’s ago blizzard would have banned it by now.

I tested it but sadly it gave me too many errors (bug where you had to reload to keep playing) so had to disable it :frowning:

But yea, if blizzard could just fix their “account wide” ignore function and uncap/expand the list, that’d be great :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.