Old DD thread

SKILLED! COURAGEOUS! EVER VIGILANT! Leaping into action, the Dust Devils hurtle to the rescue - their ongoing mission?! To protect Azeroth from the diabolical forces of evil!

Fighting for freedom wherever there’s trouble; from the darkest depths of the ocean to the furthest reaches of outer space; whether they’re up against the lowliest hired henchman or the deadliest doomsday machines, there’s no supervillain too small, no bad guy too big for the Dust Devils and friends to overcome!

Though the free world faces many perils; though the forces of darkness dwell in every shadow; the good people of our planet need never fear - for wherever villainy strikes, so the Dust Devils shall be there to strike right back with the power of truth, justice and the Azerothian way!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you’re looking for heroes to fight the good fight, then look no further than the Dust Devils: action adventure, justice forever!

THE INTRO:

HELLO AGAIN GAMERS!

Guess who’s got two thumbs and wasn’t keeping tabs on their own thread- it’s this guy!

Most folk would take that as a cue that it’s time to call it quits; but I’m simply too stubborn to admit it - so without further a do, here’s our brand spanking new post, refreshed and updated for the all of three people who still frequent these forums!

THE STORY:

We’re a gang of daring do-gooders; the heroes Azeroth never knew it needed, who bravely do battle with the B-list villains it’s never even heard of!

Be they the armoured enforcers of Azero-Dex Incorporated, the loyalist legions of the Hillsbrad 13th, or the murderous medics of Serenity Falls - while professional soldiers of Horde and Alliance heroically hold back the Shadowlands, so Kaitylinn’s crew fearlessly fight off these far less renown but no less deadly villains waiting in the wings, before they can burst out and seize the world for themselves!

Whether we’re mangling their giant monsters or sabotaging their superweapons; from the southernmost sea of Pandaria to the most northern peak of Northrend and beyond; if it’s too outrageous for anyone else to handle, in go the Dust Devils!

THE REST:

And we’re still recruiting; both for signed up guild members, and for anyone else who might want to hang around with us!

Any race, any class, and now any faction! After a brief hiatus, we’re now back to our usual schedule of an event or two a week - so whether you’re red side or blue, so long as you’re willing to give the badguys a bloody nose and fight the good fight, we’re happy to have you along for the ride!

Just whisper me on Kaitylinn in game, and with luck, we’ll see you out in the field!

Peace out, AD!

23 Likes

Kaity’s Back? HELL YEAH!!!

1 Like

Now with cross faction crazy shananigans?

2 Likes

the total aversion to full stops is almost admirable! Kaitylinn is a sweetie

1 Like

An evil corporation; with a plan to literally steal time!

An insectoid empire; waiting to swarm out from beneath the seas!

And the hidden hand of the Supreme Leader; the most terrible foe on the roster, long thought dead - yet somehow still influencing events from beyond the grave! Assuming of course, she even remains buried…

Truly the forces of evil never tire; not even death can keep them quiet - but luckily the Dust Devils are always on the go to counter their schemes at every turn!

Hello forums!

Just a quick post; though things have been a bit quieter than normal, we’re still up and about, fighting off the forces of evil wherever and whenever we can! Feel free to join us - if you’re fast enough to find us before we dash off on adventure that is!

Like a bad penny, I just keep coming back!

That’s right citizen: the madness is now multi faction!

Long ago a full stop insulted my honour in a public forum; I swore from that day on I would shun full stops at every turn

2 Likes

“That’s the trouble with buildin’ over old ruins, doc!”

The workman quipped; busily affixing the diamond-tipped bit to his drilling machine, all the better to chew through this especially stubborn rock face looming before him.

“I appreciate the spirit of renovation, you know; recycling and all that!”

He continued; releasing a short “Aha-!” of triumph, as the tool parts finally snapped into position. A short mechanical whirr soon followed; his finger on the trigger as he allowed a test run, the drill slamming back and forth into the air, with satisfactory force.

“Trouble is, these old places have so much weathering on ‘em, you never know what the foundations are like! Could be nothin’ but rot and dust behind this for all we know; and that’d really bring the house down on opening day, hah!”

Laughing audibly at his own joke, the workman tossed a knowing grin to his current employer, stood safely some distance behind him. Naturally, she didn’t reflect his amusement.

“Huh. Well; let’s see what’s going on behind here, huh? With luck, it’ll be-”

The next words were all but drowned out by the bestial roar of drilling; the rapid thud of diamond metal upon ancient stone booming through the echoing expanse of the underground chambers, rapidly filling with smoke and dust. Cracks soon raced along the cave wall; racing outwards like spiders webs, or a pane of glass, soon to shatter.

“See! Nothin a bit of elbow grease couldn’t get through -!”

Finally came the moment of relative quiet; the workman’s fingers running along the uneven, fractured surface.

“She’s good and ready to burst any second now - care to do the honours, doc?!”

Another cheerful grin thrown back towards his employer; another tight lipped, disapproving response

“…Well alright then; probably better to watch from a distance anyhow! On which case; three, two, ONE-!”

With one final, heavy blow at the walls centre, the workman bought the whole thing crashing down before him - reducing the aged brickwork to naught but a ravaged pile of crumbled, smoking masonry.

Spluttering, wafting a hand before him, he cleared his throat; before flicking the smoke filters on his goggles, allowing his vision to artificially pierce the shrouded gloom. Wiping a mass of debris from around his mouth with the back of a glove, he turned to survey his work - only for his eyes to widen in horror.

“W-what in the world-”

A hand closed tightly around his shoulder; he barely had time to react, glimpsing up to find himself firmly within the doctor’s grasp.

“No, goblin”

She spoke; her voice cold, unmoved by the horrendous sight before her.

“Not of this world at all”

With a single, swift movement, she flung the workman forwards; his scream lasting all of a second

Less than six months later, Saint Dante’s Hospital opened to the masses of Azeroth, a place of healing outside the faction war, welcoming the injured and the infirm no matter their allegiance.

A lot of people went in. Hardly any came out.

TONIGHT, THE DUST DEVILS VISIT THE HOSPITAL FROM HELL - OR RATHER, BUILT RIGHT OVER IT!

That is, built over whatever the equivalent of Hell is here in the Warcraft universe! Be it the Maw, the Void, or simply Goldshire; whatever they call it, it’s most certainly NOT the place you’d want to be!

With unnecessary surgery in ward six, a hygiene record of horror, and insurance premiums through the roof - with doctors like these, who needs demons?!

Will the Dust Devils be able to put a stop to the doctor’s evil plans - or will they find themselves among Saint Dante’s permanent patients?!

There’s only one way to find out - see you around, gamers!

Peace!

2 Likes

is this event guild only? cuz i would like VERY much to join if it isn’t

1 Like

Haha bless you friend!

Well, normally I’d say you’re 100% welcome to join - and you still are! But, due to one or two IRL scheduling issues, tonight’s event will start quite late, at around 22:00 server time, and probably run on an hour or two after! D:

If that’s okay with you, you’re most welcome to join us - if that IS a bit late for you however (I appreciate some of us have places to be early tomorrow!), I’m more than happy to run the event again sometime! =)

Also, tonight is one of my twice-annual “spooky” events featuring creepy surgeon villains; so, if you’d rather not weird yourself out of ever going to the dentist again, it might be worth a miss! Completely up to you gamer! :smiley:

(Note: I put “spooky” in quotation marks because for all my best efforts I’m about as scary as a sunny day at Disneyland)

1 Like

can handle that! it’s summer and im free this week so no problems there!

gonna join still!

im a robot, i don’t know a concept such as: Fear

is the event still going on?

Hey gamer!

It is - we’re starting at 10pm UK time (so uh, 23 realm! Half an hour from now)

Sorry it’s so late friend; as I said, IRL scheduling issues abound! ;-;

1 Like

ohhh. UK time. still can make it :smiley:

Really good event. sucks that only few people were there, but keep it goin kaity!

Ominous rumbling beneath the earth!

Torrents of fire atop the mountains!

And the rantings of Sister Grace upon the winds!

Could her frenzied light loving fanatics finally be on the verge of unleashing holy armageddon upon the people of Azeroth - or will the Dust Devils be able to leap in at the last moment to quite literally cancel the apocalypse?!

There’s only one place to find out, forum goers; tune in tomorrow at 20:30 realm time for the latest exciting episode in the Dust Devils adventures, coming to a roleplay server near YOU!

Hello friends!

Having only narrowly escaped the diabolical dungeons of Saint Dante’s hospital and the eternal torments on offer by its mysterious “Man downstairs”; the Dust Devils now find themselves flung straight from war with the forces of darkness, to battle against the misguided armies of the Light, personified in those crazed cultists, the Children of the End!

That’s right folks; the villain pendulum has swung rapidly to the other extreme, in a perfect example of why its vitally important to take everything in moderation - let’s just hope Kaitylinn’s crew can moderate the damage caused by Grace’s goons before it’s too late!

Remember you’re always welcome to join us for the ride; hope to see you around gamers, peace-!

The wizened shaman gradually came to; the world bleary, spinning before him, as his senses slowly, but surely returned. Catching but a second of the hard stone floor beneath him, a blinding white light suddenly erupted before his eyes, forcing him to recoil against the binding chains holding him tightly in place.

A dark shadow gradually formed in the centre of the blaze; becoming ever larger, its blurred outline ever sharper, as the shrouded woman approached. A flash of orange cigar tip briefly illuminated her features, before an arm slowly raised, a small metal device clutched between her fingers.

The shaman gritted his teeth; grimacing, expecting the gunshot. A moment’s silence- a click!

…Nothing. The orc remained in his tense state for a moment; before, baffled, he threw a cautious glance upwards. The blinding light had gone; replaced with a vast projected image of some woman he’d never seen before in his life.

Then, the music began to play…

2 Likes

i need to know when is next event!!

Blinding spotlights swept the swampy terrain, illuminating the foetid marshlands in a brilliant white glare; a mish mash of assorted local creatures scurrying back into their hovels as the armoured, green airship moved slowly, ponderously overhead - small jets of steam erupting from segments of its metallic bulk, each burst announcing the release of a yet another probing scout droid.

Gloved hand curled under his chin, the loyalist officer observed the flickering screens mounted before him, eyes darting back and forth, scrutinising each monitor in turn. Visual feedback from the scouting droids, for all their countless hours, weeks, MONTHS of searching, the grainy, green-tinted images had yet to provide anything much of value. A startled flock of swamp birds here, the defensive spitting of some reptilian creature there; one screen went utterly black, as the mangled limb of some nameless beast burst out of a pool of mud, and dragged the shrieking robot to oblivion.

The officer remained unmoved by any of this; hardly reacting even to the sound of a voice behind him, as one of his comrades moved in to eye the monitors for herself, evidently unimpressed.

“Found anything?”

She asked; though she hardly sounded especially interested.

“Some delightful views of the local wildlife; but other than that?”

He didn’t need to finish his sentence; she did it for him.

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Making this entire escapade yet another glorious waste of-”

Now it was his turn to interrupt.

“Are you looking to be demoted, Roteye?”

An amused smirk crossed his features, as his colleague instinctively winced, throwing a nervous glance over her shoulder; lest they be in the presence of preying ears…

“Or worse-?”

“Come off it!”

She snapped back; her tone a low, irritated hiss

“You know as well as I do this entire mission is a joke! Months now we’ve been combing through the back end of Azeroth, searching for some - damnable magic rocks?! The Dark Lady has all but vanished, the Supreme Leader is dead; now we’re supposed to dance to the tune of some upstart lieutenant thinking herself Executor-?!”

“New Supreme Leader”

He reminded her, firmly; to the subsequent sound of her good eye rolling in its socket.

“Whatever trimming she adds to her title; what I’m saying is that we should be taking the fight STRAIGHT to our enemies! Reclaiming Lordaeron from this wretched light loving council - !”

“And how do you intend to do that, exactly, without-”

The pair’s bickering was interrupted almost immediately by a sudden, repeating beep from screen sixteen. Three eyes - both of his, her good one - darted over, fixed on the image flashing before them. A moment passed; they shifted their gazes back to stare at one another, dumfounded, before snapping back into action

“Sound the alert-!”

“I’ll inform the Captain!”

She raced down the metallic hallway to the captain’s office; he slammed his fist into a nearby radio console .

“Attention all military and research units! Attention all military and research units! Report to docking bays for IMMEDIATE deployment to swamp sector delta! This is NOT a drill, I repeat , this is NOT-!”

A flurry of activity erupted through the loyalist airship; green armoured Doomtroopers snatching up their weapons, flowing towards the nearest docking bays, hotly pursued by uniformed apothecaries, bringing with them a baffling array of unusual scientific equiptment.

A burst of flame erupted from one side of the airship; the pod burst outwards, streaking through the sky towards its destination. Another erupted forth; another, then another, as the Loyalists raced en masse towards their half sunken prize…

BANSHEE LOYALISTS ON THE MOVE ONCE MORE!

(I know in “proper wow canon” they got over it and moved on with their lives, but in the Dust Devils event cycle, they just didn’t know when to quit - and have a whole fleet of airships to play with, because of course they do!)

Having all but vanished from the scene for months following the demise (again) of their briefly ressurected Supreme Leader, the green armoured goons of the Hillsbrad 13th, also known as the dastardly “New Order” were thought to have finally called it a day - but alas, the forces of evil never stop, they simply wait!

With a upstart self declared new Supreme Leader at the helm, the Loyalists have spent their time busily combing through the outskirts of Azeroth - for what, none of them were entirely sure! But through dozens of airships, and thousands of scouting droids probing the far corners of the world ,they finally seem t have found it!

But what is this mysterious artefact they so desire; and what dastardly plans do they have in store once they’ve seized it?! And will the Dust Devils be able to intervene in time to stop them?!

There’s only one way to find out gamers- see you on Argent Dawn!

Peace!

1 Like

this smells of event :thinking:

The colossal bones of ancient monsters, rising from the grave!

Nature itself used as a weapon of war!

And an army of defeated Dust Devils villains determined to break back out of jail!

It’s all go go go for Kaitylinn and friends, for the forces of evil never take a day off! And while luck was on our side dealing with the threats above; no sooner have we returned to Orgrimmar than the news reaches our heroes that the dastardly banshee loyalists of the New Order have secured one of the mysterious seven stones from its swampy tomb, for purposes yet unknown, yet surely malevolent!

Will the Devils be able to retrieve the artefact in time and defeat the loyalists once more; all while dealing with any other of the dozens of B-List badguys trying to take over the world?!

There’s only one place to find out, in the Dust Devils roleplaying adventures, coming to a server near YOU!

Hi gamers yes we’re still alive and as active as can be!

…Which translates as “I’m too stubborn to quite when I really should, please join my guild so I can justify the time I spend pretending to be a cowgirl on the Internet to my parents!”

If you’re looking for high octane action adventure, and have a hankering to save the world, look no further- hope to see you around some time folks!

Till next time!

Peace!

1 Like

EVIL AT WORK IN THE MOUNTAINS!

Rumours spread of unusual visitors; dastardly rituals; even of monstrous figures once thought mere myth moving through the mists as real world flesh and blood!

Whereas just last week only the sounds of creaking trees and howling winds blew down from the summit, now come clatters of metal, the barking of orders and crashes of magic!

A few brave locals wandered uphill to investigate these strange occurances - only one was ever found again, cackling to himself with uncontrollable glee! Soon entire villages had disappeared; and the eerie spiral of magic forming at the tip of the mountain is only growing larger by the day…

Whatever’s going on up there, it certainly isn’t natural - and it’s definitely not good! And who better to investigate this certain act of villainy than the Dust Devils; perhaps the only people still brave (or stupid) enough to climb all the way to the top of this mountainous mystery!

But who knows what they’ll find there; or if they’ll ever be seen again?!

Coming tonight; the Dust Devils go head to head with not one group of villains, but FIVE! With such odds against them in all too unfriendly terrain, will they be once again able to save the day - or will their luck take a plunge into the abyss?!

Will the forced of evil finally reign triumphant?! There’s only one place to find out friends - see you in game !

Jaccko’s Gonna join if possible!