Actions Taken to Address Exploitative Gameplay

You sure did. https:// i.imgur .com/m3BvEmr.jpg

6 Likes

Cool, so now undo and the ‘30 Instances per 24 hours lock’, and you are out of the bad graces for a while again.

13 Likes

you dont need to say how you stopped them but just showing the players, blizzards customers, that you are taking action is what we need, square-enix publish the number of bans handed out for RMT and botting monthly to keep players in the loop that they are doing something to combat it, thats all we ask for is an actual response that something is happening more than just turning an old april fools joke into the method of dealing with the issue

16 Likes

Amazing! Stratholme is literally empty now.

Seems like you got all of them.

Can we remove the ridiculous 30 instances per 24 hours cap now?

12 Likes

can you say that you honestly do 30 instances a day? most normal players won’t do that in a week

15 Likes

Should have locked all the servers for a couple of weeks though. Currently 50+ characters between lvl 10 and 15, another 44 characters between 16 and 20 on Earthshaker alliance side. Most of them are without guilds, at 1.40 AM in the middle of the week.

3 Likes

I seriously cba to deal with these kind of uneducated replies again.

2 Likes

check his realm and race

1 Like

“boohoo!!! I cannot do that so you shouldn’t be allowed to either!!”

3 Likes

funny you said this, to show how bad botting was to my partner i done a /who strath and there was 1 group in there, all unguilded to still probably bots, but better than the 49+ that is normally returned

2 Likes

/who stratholme

5 teams, 15 mages, 5 druids, 5 priest

Yep… nothing looks out of place here

WTS ZG run

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9oS_oCeXgZE

Yep… nothing out of the ordinary here

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

at no point did i say i can’t do it just i dont do it, its not hard to hit the 5 instance lock out in DM on a mage it just bores me as i have better things to do than aoe flowers for 50-100g an hour

i like to play games, and there are better farming sims out there than DM

2 Likes

Well I only looked on my own server.

It took just one working day to ban the most part of it. It makes you think.

2 Likes

how is it uneducated? hitting 5 instances an hour isnt hard doing it for 6 hours is doable but boring so most people dont, hence the comment of normal players, you want to spend you time farming gold go for it, but as i said to someone else there are better farming sims out there to play than DM

First of all its the principle that a lot legit players get hit by this and get punished. Also I personally would have hitten this loads of times. An example is farming hardcore dungeons with some friends using overpriced headsets in the weekend after a week of work and no time to play. The liberty to do things when you want to do them is great, and a charm of classic.

Other things are:

SGC farming
DMT or DME Solo farms
Jed Farm
AoE grinding
And lots of other small things that are less obvious

7 Likes

if you are truly farming a dungeon at max level, i dont mean selling boosts in SM, chances are you are not hitting the 5 runs an hour, you will normally do 2-3 runs an hour if you are fast in them, meaning you will take 10-12 hours of play to hit the lock out.

if you are doing a jump farm on a mage even before the 30 instance lock you would need to farm it for 6 hours, as the 5 per hour lock has always been there, to have done it 30 times if you are doing this then good on you but again i say most normal players wouldn’t spend 6 hours farming a dungeon to hit the lock out

1 Like

Ot’s not that people do 30 a day. It’s that it was lazy and DID NOT fox the issue. Also if you have multiple characters and use them to farm legitimate gold I can see how you will hit 30 a day.

i fully agree it was a lazy “fix” on blizzards part as i said in an earlier post they literally took an april fools joke and used it to fight the bot problem

2 Likes

Glad to see this , maybe create a realm for multiboxers only so that normal players don’t have to deal with it.

3 Likes