Activision Blizzard and their scam antics

So I recently purchased COD MW.

After playing it for under an hour I didn’t like what I experienced and felt the game didn’t live up to the expectation set by the marketing campaign and filed a refund.
After waiting 24 hours ( what a lovely customer services ) I was met with a decline stating I played the game for over 60 minutes according to their measurements and I wasn’t entitled to a refund. Which is odd all the trackers I was able to see myself as a consumer shown me that I played the game for under 60 minutes.
So my only guess was they must disregard actual play time and count application running time as the leading variable for a 100% accurate determination if I played the game within their allowed time window. Disregarding the fact that I had to wait over 30 minutes for all the shaders to be fully downloaded which got interrupted due to a player-list-update that forced me to restart the game and restart the entire download and installation process of the shaders in the main menu of the game.

I don’t know but it’s quite genius literally putting up a safe fail rendering anyone not being able to claim a refund because you had to sit through an hour of updating and installation processes with the application running. A genius and perfect idea but a scam none the less. I filed several more tickets trying to make use of my consumer rights law as a Dutch citizen stating that a consumer is entitled to demand a refund at any time when the consumer’s expectations haven’t been met. The responds I got was your basic auto generated reply. Previous gm said blabla and I can’t do anything blablabla.

No depth, no reasoning no details. They don’t seem to have a valid argument that would validate their claim to be legal and valid. Just a simple no, quite sketchy if you ask me. I mean if you’re that sure that you’re not violating any laws and respecting every rule than how come they can’t provide me the details? They’re already sharing my personal information from closed of non-public database which already is a direct violation of the European AVG privacy law.
Unless they verified me personally which they of course, never did.

I don’t know, but all of this smells awfully fishy.

So I felt like sharing it on a Activision Blizzard related forum before posting it on reddit. I’m probably getting suspended for sharing it but that would only support suspicion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.