Activision Firing people faster than they prune

Did I get banned my face & character have gone :((

Not just US businesses they are all run like that it’s just as bad in the UK and the EU only thing that matters is maximizing profit since they announced the layoffs there stock value has gone up a lot today…

I want them to make loads of money in theory means more money for game development and better games but massive profits and then still sacking tons of people is just f****** s***…

3 Likes

Blizzard really should be keeping us, the players happy as well as their shareholders.
We pay their wages.

I am guessing, we won’t see another expansion to WoW. Bfa is the last…
Well, I hope that bfa comes soon in private servers. So, I can finally enjoy the game without subs and Time gating.

2 Likes

You said that in another thread as well. I asked if you wanted to make a bet on that stements. You didn’t reply.

It’s a stupid comment. Of course WoW will have another expansion. That’s not where Activision Blizzard’s problems lie.

Ah! I don’t keep track of my posts. XD
Well, we will see… 8.2 is their chance to shine.

The 15 million bonus was a 3.3 million starting with the rest as stock up take if targets are met. In the short to medium term those targets wont be met. The package comes in at around 6 million overall over the period above.

The resource up take is in line with the release of classic this year and with on going testing of the mobile arm. The wording of World of Warcraft covers the mobile arm as well. The Netease partnership runs to 2023 they learnt their lesson over bungie and have gone for a shorter term if things do not work out.

Its all in the wording restructuring will lead to a 8% reduction in the workforce. This statement is worrying in that some development will be affected which has yet to be announced. The passed record of Activision on these statements has some people worried, we have to see. The report has some worrying mis calculations we may yet see more drama coming over the coming months.

He probably got M$15 bonus in recognition of how he found such a good way to save the company some money by laying off the staff. Lol, this corporate world man… :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point nothing wil convince the fanatics the ship is burning, “blind to the truth”

1 Like

To be honest I’m mad they laid off so many people, yet they gave some guy MILLIONS of dollars.

What???

5 Likes

I don’t usually make a habit of assuming I know what goes on at the corporate level. It’s presumptuous at best and downright stupid at worst to just assign behavior and motivation without evidence. But this is not a case without significant evidence: It represents a serious departure from previously-established corporate culture and seems to support insider reports of Activision mindset being pushed into Blizzard as the former company turns its attention to the latter.

In short, they’ve finally run their garbage identical shooter games into the ground and now they want to apply their “wisdom” to Blizzard.

1 Like

I don’t know. Blizzard laid off 600+ people in 2012, primarily customer service related. In 2005 Blizzard closed down the entirety of Blizzard North.

So it’s not like they haven’t been down this path before – even prior to Activision being part of the picture.

The layoffs alone? Sure. But take it in context with the rest of it. They’re hiring more game developers and reportedly pushing for “growth,” a subject that never really came up before according to some expats, at the same time as they lay people off despite record profits. Put together it paints a picture of their priorities.

3 Likes

I used to work for a major toy company. It too made a ton of money. Then it experienced a decline in growth the same year it had record revenue and profits. People got laid off. About 10%.

The growth is what defines the size of the company. If the growth is increasing, then that means there’s an increased demand for your product, so you hire more workers to keep up with that rising demand.
If the growth is declining, then you lay off workers, because you don’t actually need all the workers you currently have to keep up with the smaller demand.

It’s just how it is. It’s super sad, but there’s nothing abnormal about this.

4 Likes

It’s starting to get to a point where I am questioning my conscience as to how long do I want to support a company with my money that has so little regard for its customers, staff, IPs and only seems to show respect to the investors… who incidentally they have also failed lately.

7 Likes

Isn’t this what usually happends to big companies when their stock is falling

According to their q&a, reportedly they are investing more and more in mobile games for the Asian market.

Per some youtubers, they fired 800 people to make room for “meaningful roles”.

To be honest I’m waiting to see what happens in 8.2 and classic. If they won’t deliver I’m not going to be a customer anymore. There’s just nothing more for me to like about this game.

1 Like

There is always some evil behind this when another company overtakes one which is currently and is making game his own way. It’s like you live in your friends house, doesn’t know where is coffee, where is salt, but you have rights to live there.