Activision Firing people faster than they prune

Yes, like they prune abilities.
It comes down to a point where it’s not really funny anymore. :rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

" 8% of staff were laid off"
Nicely done. Can we “prune” activision off Blizzard now please? They do more harm than good.

38 Likes

But, i thought people loved the game more than ever?

5 Likes

It’s not even a funny joke anymore :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

They have not been fired. That would imply they did something wrong. They are being laid off through no fault of their own.

I think it’s an important distinction.

14 Likes

It doesn’t make a huge difference. The result is the same.
Can we lay off Activision :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Yup,it’s worse because they didn’t deserve this

7 Likes

One point to note: ‘Warcraft’ is one of the games that will have increased resources. It’s actually a good day for WoW.

1 Like

Yes Warcraft not World of warcraft.

3 Likes

It makes the world of difference and these are real people’s livelihoods. I feel we need to be sensitive to those people losing their jobs.

4 Likes

800 People lost their jobs

Nothing about wow. Can be pet battle game. Reforged and Classic. Wow proper might even lose developers

1 Like

So many people lost their jobs, purely because of Activision’s Non professional behaviour imo. After wotlk everything started going downhill. I honestly believe Blizzard should brake off.

4 Likes

Perhaps they will try and make WoW more fun now.

• World of Warcraft already has a regular cadence of releases and content.

It’s insane that a CFO gets a $15 million bonus, and the people actually making the money by managing the community gets laid off. An MMO without an active community dies.
Yes, the Developers create a lot of the worth in the company, but they can’t handle the massive amounts of user feedback generated by a game like this. They need good community managers to understand what the community wants and give the development / project teams preprocessed data they can use in new development.

15 Likes

Remastered is likely almost complete and to introduce more people would likely slow development WoD style. I’m sceptical on that pet battle game but it may be a companion app, who knows. WoW sub required! WoW is still a cash cow albeit a smaller one but fat enough. We will likely get quicker expansions but I doubt yearly ones they used to dream of. Expansions give a good boost to income and short term retention.

Then you could argue that ‘X’ CM should be laid off because the community is not being listened to. Therefore they are ineffective.

You can’t have it both ways.

Or you can use the same point and argue they should hire more CMs since they still have inefficiencies in this communication.

laid off all the art people who drew quality fan service like Jaina’s portrait in HS for preparation to draw only people in burqas blizzard are 500iq

oh also probably a lot of people who focus on balancing stuff because they plan to prune even more things so they need just 1 person to do all the classes

4 Likes

Even worse than that mate they made record profits just gave there new CFO a $15 million dollar sign on fee and then sacked 800 people…

3 Likes

In J. Allen Brack’s post about this he called the laid off staff “members of the Blizzard family”. I think you lose the right to use that kind of cosy terminology for your employees when you start laying them off just so that you can appease your shareholders. I’d be ashamed to be part of any “family” that treated me like that.

The whole thing is really just gross and painfully indicative of just what a monster the AAA gaming industry (and a lot of US businesses) have become.

10 Likes