Actually stressing

There are plenty of pservers out there running 3.3.5, with stable population that have been doing the same endgame content for many years. It’s obvious that wotlk classic won’t last forever, so either we go back to vanilla or we move forward to cata, and I prefer the second option.

I wish there was clear information on the direction Blizzard will go, because if it will be the same as the forced transition from TBC to Wrath…i can stop playing now as there is no point whatsoever. Classic isn’t just about re-experiencing old expansion/games…it’s about settling down, finding a home in a certain era. If i wanted to ‘‘move on’’ i’d be playing Retail because that’s precisely what it’s for.
I do not wish to and will not play Cata for various reasons…its just not the same game and in my personal view an abomination of WoW in many ways, it took away what used to make WoW an immersive, engaging game with an identity.

2 Likes

Actually right now my priority is completing my crafting project before my dads birthday (april)

1 Like

You are such a drama queen, by Elune! I also quit in 4.1 patch back in the day, but you are over-acting here. When taken in context of current wow and vanilla wow, the change from wrath to Cataclysm is not even all that dramatic when it comes to class design, ui, game mechanics etc. The old world gets revamped completely, yes, but for many people that’s a relatively small part of the game. Yeah I know you like to replay the tutorial over and over and over again, but most people don’t. And difference between wrath endgame and cata endgame is only moderate.

That being said, I think it is almost impossible they wont leave a “wrath era” up, there’s way too much demand for it. But then again, I also thought it impossible they would relese wrath completely without RDF, it’s single best “QoL” feature, yet here we are lol.

Laughs in reworked talent trees, class changes like paladins receiving holy power becoming rogue wannabes and addition of mastery on lvl 80 a new secondary stat.

Well because not all players are willing to sit in same content that most lazy and slowest can’t complete. MMO is about progression, so if it stagnates the player numbers will fall dramatically. Even private servers get it with all their wipes and progression resets.

Really?
Warmane PS has been up for years and one certain realm hasnt had updates for years.
Looks like its still VERY active

I’m sorry Nicolay, I agree with some of your posts, but not this time.

The fact that you view the entire journey from 1-80 as a ‘tutorial’ indicates that you’re locked into the ‘end game is the only game’ mindset that is so typical on these forums.

This may be so for you, but not everyone is like that. There are some people who still see the game in a more holistic manner, for which raid content is simply one part of a larger experience.

The belief that ‘most people’ consider end game to be the only game may be true for these forums, and may be true for your guild and friends, but the reality is there are hundreds of thousands of players out there, the vast majority of whom never read the forums and just happily play in their own way, many of them don’t raid at all, or raid only very casually. Some prefer PvP, some play for collections and achievements, everyone’s different.

Is it so hard to get your head around the idea that I, and others actually enjoy the levelling process more than the end game, and the old world revamp is a total and absolute deal breaker for people such as this?

2 Likes

And again, this is a typical ‘end game is the only game’ mindset. When you say ‘content’ what you clearly mean is ‘raiding’, and for you and those like you that is what this game is about, nothing else is important to you. If asked to define World of Warcraft your reply would be ‘It’s where I raid’.

When you say ‘MMOs are about progression’ what you mean is ‘MMOs are about overcoming increasingly challenging raids’, this may be true for hardcore raiders.

As far as I’m concerned. MMOs are about an adventure in a huge living, breathing world consisting of a journey through that world as you get increasingly stronger and more powerful. That’s my definition of ‘progression’.

3 Likes

Classic Era is growing
That hasn’t had an update in ages

Tell you what
Those that want Cata can go ahead and re-join the rat race and play through the entire retail expansion again (enjoy WOD)

While the rest of us that truly love Classic will stay here

I have 7 other classes to level afterall

1 Like

I have a whole batch of stuff I need to do across several characters, but it’s all kind of on hold as I don’t want to commit to long-term goals if I think it’s all going to be taken away at some point. I dislike this feeling of ‘temporaryness’.

As soon as we get confirmation that there will be at least some Wrath-era servers I can relax and start to get things done at my own pace without this constant, nagging sense that I’m up against the clock.

2 Likes

Guilty as charged. I’ve been “locked” into that mindset ever since reaching level 60 in 2005, and entering my first UBRS raid. On my second attempt mind you, because on my first char I just gave up at level 47 or so and quit for several months, thats how unappealing levelling was for me. Imagine, I almost missed out on half a lifetime of fun because of how shait vanilla levelling is.

No, I get it completely. Cata is the end of the line if you enjoy old world levelling. I don’t share that opinion, to the point I find it silly, but I can wrap my head around others holding it. I just doubt they’d not leave any Wrath era servers, there’s way too much demand for them.

I am not even sure I’ll go into cata. Classic always was on the clock for me. That clock ticked down to 0 when I killed Yog0 and Algalon in their unnerfed state 3 weeks ago. That’s it, that was my goal in Classic (alongside C’thun, Kel’thuzad, Kael’thas, Lady Vashj and Kil’Jaedan). Now I’m on borrowed time, maybe staying for LK25HC, maybe not even that, since I killed it in retail back then. Maybe even Sinestra and Ragnaros 2.0 on Cata. I don’t even know. My point is I was always on a time limit to the eventual death of Algalon, and still enjoyed the game and developing Nicolay.

That my young friend calls for a citation.

Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy some raiding here and there as much as the next man, in fact I did my third Ulduar 25-man only yesterday and it was fun, though I got zero loot. I’m sure I’ll work my way toward ICC at some point, though I doubt it will be hard mode.

But I’m as casual as casual can be, the scrubbiest of filthy casual scrubs - more scrubby than when Sir Scrubworth Scrubville of Scrubton upon The Scrub woke up one morning, proclaimed ‘this needs scrubbing’, and scrubbed for all he was worth.

That said the weekly UBRS back in 2006 was one of the highlight experiences of the WoW week for me. It’s always been more about the social experience than downing bosses for me though. I don’t give a monkeys if we wipe forever on trash and the bosses laugh at us before stomping us into the ground, the enjoyment comes from working as a team and having a laugh in the process.

Blackadder is that you?

1 Like

Can’t really blame Blizz if it took you 7 months to get to level 32

I’m not blaming Blizz at all.

I’m asking Blizzard for clarification on what they will do with WOTLK

Amazing how so many people miss the point

1 Like

Didn’t you say you were quitting like a month ago and canceled your sub ?

I changed my mind
Is that a crime?

1 Like

Try reading my quote again, slowly this time.
If you’re still struggling to comprehend, lmk.

It changes it a lot as i wont be playing WOTLK