Actually stressing

I have such an awful fear that WOTLK will go the same way as TBC Classic, as in being forced into the next expansion.
Im playing VERY casually and only level 32 in the game atm
I do want to see the content of Northrend but if Blizzard force us into Cata then whats the point tbh?
Why repeat the expansion cycle all over again?

I suppose I could just stay in Era if this happens but still…WOTLK is the expansion i love most
Does anyone else feel this way?
Just a rant really lol

4 Likes

No matter what, I don’t see them leaving classic without at least a few wrath servers. Let’s be real, people were screeching for wrath to happen, they wouldn’t want to remove it now

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly what is happening.

You snooze you lose.

Enjoy WOTLK while we have it, don’t slack or wait.

1 Like

They will leave 1 Wrath realm.

Same for TBC, and you will find people who want to endless cata too. If they will do endless Wrath, I guess we will get a classic restart too. New round, which would finish by merging with the “old” classic Wrath forever server. Because very few people want to play WOTLK forever. No matter how loud they are after 2 years in WoTLK, the majority of players will want to move on, start from the beginning, or quit. So my guess is we will be forced to move to cata. Or we will get WotLK forever and a new round of Classic. Or maybe all.

1 Like

Quite possible :slight_smile: it did not contradict the fact that I expect people to WANT wrath servers no matter what, so they’ll keep some, no matter what happens post-3.3.5 content

Good news OP. Cataclysm doesn’t change northrend content.
So no need to stress. If you can’t reach lvl 68+ in a year, you can continue when cata classic hits.
Or maybe re-evaluate if this is the game you should be playing, or any at all, if you really only have 1hr per week* to play.

*idk how limited your time is but hitting 32 in 5-6 months makes me think <1hr per week.

If you only reached lvl 32 you dont love the game imo, shots fired

no one except 3 people on forums wanted tbc era servers but that won’t be the case for wotlk. I’m sure there will be SoM style servers after Cata release

False. There were a lot of us. I can agree the demand for TBC era is less than it was for Classic but even if the server is pretty empty at the start it will eventually fill up with those that are tired of wrath / don’t want cata and want to return to TBC.

Just look at ERA now, it’s booming. It’s rediculous fans of either 3 expansions shouldn’t get their static server to play on.

1 Like

yes you and 2 of your friends . there were literally only 1 topic on the forums and even that didn’t get much attention. yes, the demand may increase over the time since people will start missing tbc again but there was near to zero demand back then. i wouldn’t be against of having one tbc server btw because in the end it would turn into a game where everyone can play on the expansion(s) they want but it was about demand and you and 2 of your friends couldn’t make enough noise tbh.

Don’t be dramatic lol, atm there’s a thread going on in the era forums with someone asking for TBC era and the replies are postive. Also a lot of traction on reddit from both sides, if you cba to google.

Because yeah I see why blizz didn’t give us TBC era. When classic era launched it was a bit of a ghost town. I bet there’s gonna be Wrath ERA servers, so that leaves only TBC abscent. But who knows one day…

I wouldn’t say I’m stressed, I’d simply be piffed off if forced to cancel my sub due to any kind of mandatory ‘upgrade’ to Crapaclysm.

Then again, there’s a part of me that might actually feel relieved, as I’ve clearly become addicted to WoW once again, and this would be an instant cure - just as it was back in 2012. Quitting WoW back then allowed me to focus a lot more on other hobbies and activities that had fallen by the wayside.

Still, no sense worrying about it now, we don’t even know if there will be a Crapaclysm Classic. Until some kind of announcement goes out to the effect of: “You WILL upgrade to the next expansion, there will be no static WotLK servers, you WILL play Cataclysm, and you will like it - the council has spoken!

We just have to keep on keeping on. If such an announcement were delivered I’d be on that account page, cancelling my sub faster than you could blink. I’d not even wait around for Wrath to end. Crapaclysm took everything good about the game and killed it stone-dead - turning an MMORPG into a brainless, souless arcade looter shooter.

2 Likes

I do have other interests than just wow.
The point is i dont want to be forced into Cata

I dont want to play Cata…

Not everyone started when WOTLK launched

1 Like

It happent from classic to TBCC, it happent from TBCC to wotlk.

It will happen from wotlk to cata.

Enjoy it while you can.

WOTLK will only be here for a year or 2.

I say make it a prio above other stuff, because it will be gone before you know it

They took down TBC’s servers because they weren’t as successful as Blizzard expected. When TBC came out, half of the players stayed on Era.
I played WOTLK for a short time and was in a large guild where everyone came from private servers to play Wrath! Which didn’t happen with TB.
They will not shut down the WOTLK servers due to the vast number of players playing it.

I can understand what you’re saying but you had about 1.5years to make it to level 70, and you’ve had a bit over 6 months of WOTLK so far. WOTLK lasting longer would be cool, but don’t count on it.

Blizzard didn’t do TBC Era servers because Vanilla Era died immediately when TBC came out, turning it into a Ghost Town for over 2 years until it started to get a relatively small/steady increase lately, but still miniscule compared to the original numbers.

If that’s too stressing for you, mmorpgs simply aren’t your type of game.

There’s probably like 1 year of wotlk ahead. Unless you can only log 2 hours a week you should have time to enjoy the xpac.

Why does there have to be a time limit? Why does every player have to be on the clock?

Knowing your experience isn’t going to last and that one day your game may be taken away from you may be enough to temper any enjoyment some people get out of the experience.

Imagine getting a new bike as a kid, and someone turning around and saying: ‘enjoy it while you can kid, after a year it’s going back to the shop’.