AD RL Meetup 20th-21st July 2024

Oh yeah! Almost forgot that one lmao

2 Likes

Hope it doesn’t snow!

4 Likes

I know it’s a joke, but seriously, it’s summer-warm in Helsinki in July. Or at least, it was at the 2016 meet.

Always have been. And weirdos know well enough to stay away from such events. The 2016 meet was very wholesome and I still remember it fondly.

4 Likes

Yeah, and it was snowing like two weeks ago in Keski-Suomi. :smiley:

3 Likes

Its something to consider. :dracthyr_tea:

3 Likes

To make these meetups more understandable and to demystify their charm, I will be providing some insights into previous Argent Dawn meetups…

Starting off with my first one. This unforgettable experience took place in Birmingham, UK, organized by Tardon if my memory serves right. In 2007, as a young and adventurous soul, I found myself in the awe-inspiring position of shocking my dear mama with a declaration that I would embark on my solo maiden voyage abroad. To meet up with folk I had never met before. Pixel people. I don’t remember what I did to convince my parents, but miraculously, they let me go. (Not that they could’ve legally prevented me from going at that point, but I was still living with them, and this kind of stuff wasn’t common back then!)

I am relieved to report that I received excellent care from one of my fellow guild members, as they graciously saw me to the meetup and back. I don’t recall how many people there were exactly, but a lounge had been reserved for us at some gaming center. People mingled, some participated in LAN gaming, and on a big screen played a video featuring artwork submitted by many of the creative Argent Dawners. I myself distributed prints for individuals to jot down messages as keepsakes.

Had a great time overall, and also a wonderful tour around London before the meetup. It was exciting to meet a few of my vanilla guildies live, two of whom I’m in fact still in touch with! I was extremely lucky with the people I met back then, as they were such decent folk.

10 Likes

huzahhh!! So going That London one was ruined for me thanks to my job the night before XD.
As I recall the security guard thought that I was drunk going into…of all the bar names "The World’s End " XD

2 Likes

Sigh

I wish these were also held nearer where I live… Not really money to travel from mid Finland to the insides of Ring three… Gonna go check the WoWSuomi FB forums if someone would be interested to organize one in Mikkeli or Kuopio for example. Or even Jyväskylä.

2 Likes

Wthell in ten characters?

That said , I hope the meeting goes well. One day it could be fun to show up here aswell but… for now, that day is still far away sadly, so I hope everyone that does attend has fun.

2 Likes

Summer warm already!

2 Likes

i cant wait. :grinning:

2 Likes

pro tip if you are travelling from abroad. Fiddle around with the dates XD I found it was cheaper to stay until monday…why? No Clue

3 Likes

Finland is too far for me.

Have a good time to whomever goes though.

2 Likes

I know you’re trolling, but this is highly inappropriate.

44 Likes

Absolutely embarassing post Nils, I really suggest deleting it.

30 Likes

Just once in a while, it seems some people have to show the world they were dropped on their heads as babies…

You know this dude?

5 Likes

Really not appropriate, or even funny tbh.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you had to experience Birmingham and all of it’s dreadful accents.

Wishing you the best with this meetup though, and hope everyone who’s going has a wonderful time!

13 Likes

I feel like I’d get prison shanked by the realm’s Lariat mob if I would attend this meet-up.

Sweden’s armed forces really aren’t sending their best huh

Good luck with the meetup, hope everyone has a fun time!

4 Likes