Add DESERTER debuff for M+

This is the best, clearest, most straightforward answer to this that I’ve ever seen.

Thank you.

Can we then add a punishing debuff to people who do not kick spells, pull when they are not the tank, not use their CC when asked to, do not know their rotation etc?

If yes to all the above, add a punishing debuff, but a key is dead when people make to many mistakes, not when the first person leaves. The first person leaving is due to people not doing things correctly.

2 Likes

I think “getting kicked all the time” is enough of a debuff? Or, maybe force a title on them too, like “NAME, the Useless N00b” for half an hour?

Depends. I’ve had some runs where someone just messed up on purpose and left. Like, from the first trash pack on, trying to sabotage the run, then said something like “haha oopsie I guess I’m too bad at this so I’ll just leave”. Some runs got ruined that way, but a time or two I got to rub it in their face that we still timed the key even after they left (amazing what people will do out of spite). Yes, it’s griefing, but I don’t think there’ll be consequences fort such a thing.

If you join a M+, you make a committment. Finish it. Even if it doesn’t go your way. It costs you nothing, and if you had anything better to do with your time, you’d not be playing WoW.

We might be looking at it differently as I now only do keys for rio, but if a key is not in time no point being in that key.

But what does it cost me? It costs me my time, I could be doing another key that people know what they are doing then wasting 1hr on pushing a key that people are not skilled to do.

If you “could” be doing another key, why aren’t you, then? I bet you’d also be perfectly willing to spend 1hr waiting for the perfect group rather than finishing an imperfect one.

1hour wait for a DH Tank with all 17s timed? …

But would say i do not start a group till at least the minimal comp is sorted (bress + TW)

If it was put on LFD as “weekly, no leaver”, I will finish it if it’s out of time. If it was put up as “in time”, and we’re not even at the first boss at half-time, I’m not staying. By joining a key, I commit to doing my best, and that’s all they can ask of me. I’m not their slave, I don’t owe them my time if they aren’t performing at the level the key would require.

At the few times I left a key first, I found another key within 5 minutes.

I’d rather spend a longer time forming a good group - not necessarily perfect, but good enough for the key - than try with a bad one and fail, yes. An untimed dungeon is a waste of time and effort most of the time. A few minutes over the time, yeah, that’s ok, no biggie. But 15+ minutes over time? I’ll nope out of that, thanks. In that time, I’ll assemble the next team, that’s time better spent.

Even if you’d instead be spending the same time doing nothing at all?

I could be spending that time:

1. Finding another group.
  2. Doing some chores.
  3. Logging another toon and do stuff with that.
  4. Check on my bank alts.
  5. Play something else.

All of that time better spent than being in a dead key. There’s no such thing as doing nothing at all. :slight_smile:

OK, let’s assume they implement the punishment.

A tank or healer doesn’t want to continue the run. They go AFK. What will you do?
Or a DPS doesn’t want to continue. They keep pulling extra trash packs and deliberately wipe the group.

A punishment will cause more toxic behavior.

1 Like

Good. Then griefing will go through the roof and Blizzard will be forced to do something about it.

Oh, they’d just remove the queue for M+. There, they’ve done something about it. :slight_smile:

Knowing Blizzard, you may not be wrong there :smiley:

I mean, that’s the easiest solution. The problem is entirely player generated, there’s a very fine, player-driven solution too, so why would they even need to interfere?

Ah, yes, now even the keyholders shouldn’t be able to leave if the key goes to crap in the first 5 minutes. If you think that they should waste their time suffering through the entire key after that, you are dead wrong.

1 Like

They left after they failed and the group THEY put together failed on mechanics. Yeah, you damn well bet I am going to hold them responsible.

Oh no, how dare they waste 5 minutes of your time instead of 50… You know that you could also check people in the group by yourself, right? Noone forbids you from leaving the group before the start of the key either.

Because it’s your own choice who you group up with.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.