Addon for auto group finding?

Sometimes I am surprised how quickly people request a join for groups I make for some rares that people probably seldomly do create groups for, so I was wondering whether there is an auto-searching addon where you just enter a search term, like a quest or mob name you’re after, and the addon notified you once it finds a group. So that you don’t have to have the LFG window open all the time and periodically click the refresh button and then only do it for one target at a time.

Blizzard specifically disabled this type of group finder activity due to World Quest Group Finder.

Was it generating too many search queries?

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615473506

That was step 1 but addon authors immediately found a workaround so Blizz killed the interactivity further.

That said, there are still things that addons like World Quest Tracker can do to help facilitate group management. Searching just isn’t one of them.

1 Like

I sometimes use group finder to switch shards, and i just take any groups that are listed in the finder for that zone^^

That’s a rude misuse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.