Addons per character

Correct me if I’m wrong because if I’m not then I’ve been an idiot for years.
Ever since I started playing in vanilla throughout cata, first thing I do when I log in I go to addon list, pick a character I’m logging onto and then go onto him. I thought if I don’t all the addons that are selected on main character would also load on other for some reason, maybe that used to happen or happened to me once and it made me think that, but apparently, and I’ve just tested that now, if you go straight into character it will only load the ones you selected? Is that so? Because I’ve wasted valuable seconds of my life every time lmao

Addons are enabled/disabled on a per-server basis by default. You can toggle them per character via the addons screen if you want.

If you create a character on a new server all addons will be enabled on that server.

1 Like

Does that mean I need to keep pressing addons and chose character before logging in or if I make selection there it will be saved for each character and I don’t have to keep picking it every time?

The only time you need to hit the addon button is if you want to change your addon loadout. So no.

Once you set loadout of addons it’s saved and you don’t have to do it ever again unless you want to make changes.

In the top corner you have a dropdown menu so you can choose if this loadout is for all the characters on the realm or one specific.

As proof you can go the WTF folder inside your WoW/_retail_ folder then navigate to Account/RealmName/CharacterName. There you will find file called Addons.txt that has your loadout saved. Techcnicly you could also edit this file if you want to make changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.