Advice For M+ Please

Hey im new to warrior and looking for some advice in M+ I know my rotation prettywell and am doing prettybig damage for my gear but i die alot on trash packs. This only really happens to me in higher keys. I main warlock with a rio of around 1.25k but i remeber being fine on that in higher keys with lower ilvl. My warrior is currently 198 but any key over a 10 i seem to die alot… is this just me? If youhave any advice for me please let me know… perhaps im just used to playing as a caster and need to git gud at melee

1 Like

First of all what do you play? arms or fury

Fury mate. Dont know if its an ilvl problem of aggro or what haha

Did you check what do you die from? That’s usually the first thing to do if you want to avoid dieing ya know

1 Like

Try this talent setup - Fresh meat, Double time, Massacre, Warpaint, Cruelty, Bladestorm and Anger Management.

Fresh Meat always enrages on first strike, Warpaint is 10% less incoming damage

Got a log or something? It’s quite likely a positioning issue in combination with not using defensives correctly when things go bad. There’s a fair amount of cleaves and other garbage that only melees have to deal with in M+.

You should use fresh meat since it improves enrage uptime resulting in being tankier thanks to warpaint talent.

You should not use siege breaker and use anger management instead.

Aboot defensive spells, using spell reflect against magical damages has value since you still benefit from damages reduction.

In case of emergency, ignore pain is a good panic button at cost of damages.

Thanks for the replya guys il take what youve said on board talent wise. I think your right though ita mainly melee mechanics im not used to.

if you reach 300 ilvl you dont get dmg from standing in fire anymore.

lol wut xD

Keybind Ignore Pain, Will save ure life, keybind enraged regen, and rallying cry, there, u stopped dying

Apart from that, use spell reflect A LOT

Some boss mechanics such as castigate in sd, or contrivance in ds, the hand of the boss in theater can be completely negated by a timed spell reflect

You don’t really want to reflect Draw Soul all the time. If you deal with the mechanic correctly you get a 30% damage buff for 30 seconds after collecting your soul. The only times you would want tor reflect it would be during major DPS cooldowns or if the DoT would be likely to kill you.

You get 30% dmg buff after reflect too… You reflect initial dmg from “Draw soul” but you still spawn your “soul image” , and you are still able to collect your soul!

thats good to know :smiley:

Huh, interesting. I assumed it worked the same way as AMS because it can be SRed. AMS just immunes the whole thing, including preventing the soul from spawning. I guess it’s just SR weirdness again.

For more spell reflect fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcUy0--7l_Y

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.