Advice for my PC (System Requirement)

Hello all,

Happy holidays first of all. For the holidays I would like to buy a PC with all the extra money that is coming in. I have someone who can make it for me but he wanted me to give him specific specs.

I have no background in this and am completely clueless. Basically I would like to play WoW on Ultra settings without any issue (atm low settings is an issue on my current laptop). I looked around and I came up with this list. Could you advize me on if it’s too much for just WoW and Sims?

|Processor:||Intel Core i8|
|Graphics Card:||GEFORCE GTX 1070 Ti|
|RAM Memory:||16GB|

Also, am I forgetting anything I should be mentioning to him?

Thanks so much in advance!

There is no such thing as Core i8. And with this setup it’s mode 7 (so high, but not everything maxed).

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 as best value. i9 9900K / Ryzen 3950X if you have no cash limit :smiley:
RAM: 16GB dual channel will suffice
GPU: RX 5700XT or RTX 2080 Super and maybe RTX 2070 Super. From used and cheaper: GTX 1080 / 1080 Ti, Vega 64.

If you are on a tight budge try R5 3600 and used RX 580/480 or used GTX 1070. If you have more cash then GPU could be upgraded to other used cards: 1080 Ti, Vega 64 - if the prices are right. To upgrade from that you would be looking at RTX 2080 Super or in some cases RX 5700XT.

Seconding on the GPU, if the cash is there you’re better off going for 1080x or looking into the 20XX generation for RTX, or atleast just generally the high end of last generation or current gen

I’m not sure on CPU performance since they changed WoW to handle processors better, often more cores means sacrificing speed of the individual cores, is more cores always just better regardless of speed now?

Frequency isn’t a problem for those modern CPUs. And there are cases where 6C/6T CPUs are starting to fall behind 6/12 and 8+ core parts. WoW isn’t that demanding though. Also note that modern system will run the game, discord, maybe streaming or recording and whatnot other activity. Those cores are very much needed in such cases.

Playing on a laptop!

I5-6300HQ
16 gigs Ram
960m Graphic card

I play at options 5-9 with CMAA enabled - and Texture on MAX

Shadows oFf

Locking Frames at 70 fps

Plays like a charm!

oh and an SSD HD ! Best buy ever!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.