Advice needed = gaming laptop

Hey guys, i cannot decide on my new gaming laptop spec. I need to travel on regular basis, so desktop is no go.

I have 2 similar spec with similar price. Both are Lenovo Legion.

Spec A: ryzen 5800h, gtx 3070 115w, 16gb ddr4

Spec B: i5 12500h, gtx 3060 115w, 16gb ddr5

Other hw like ssd, is very similar.

My question:

1. what would you pick and why?
  2. which spec is better for dragonflight in mind?

I would like to play in fullhd, mainly on quality 7 and above.
I do mythic+ all day long with light raiding from time to time.
I do not stream while gaming, just minor additional sw (firefox, spotify, addons).

Thank you very much for your opinions :slight_smile:

I will post a review with wow benchmark afterwards, if you are interested :wink:

BR
Plebs

Just a personal view, but here goes…

Would take the Ryzen one, as its better on multi-thread eg addons, spotify, etc although the Intel one is just as good

Both are perfectly viable for DF, so its quite a tough call.

Probably someone on here could give a mote detailed explanation

You have to check reviews of specific models as having RTX 3070 or 3060 can have big spread in performance due to power limits or thermals (at 115W there can be either loud fans or throttling if poorly designed).

I would likely look at 12500H. For combat in WoW you need quite good single core performance while 5800H is already one generation behind and two generation in January when AMD launches 7000 mobile.

Still the 12-th gen will run hotter and use more power :smiley: Check detailed reviews to see if that model is good.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.