[A/Event] Moonball Tournament in Feralas

Posters in Night Elf settlements across Azeroth invite the children of the stars and their allies to a Moonball Tournament in the Feathermoon Stronghold. A rumor in Feralas has it the event will be hosted by Acrona.

Sisters and Brothers, Friends and Allies,

Welcome to a Moonball Tournament on the 3rd of November in Feathermoon Stronghold. Up to sixteen players have a chance to test their agility and aim at hurling moonglow coated balls to dazzle and knock out their opponent within a marked area.

The winner shall receive a brilliant trinket as a boon and a token of their championship.

Signing up for the tournament opens half past seven in the evening and the tournament shall begin upon the eight hour on the road next to the inn.

Date: Tuesday 3rd of November
Time: 20:00 Game Time

Moonball is a Night Elven sport in which players hurl big balls at their opponent within a marked area. Originally called Moonglow Ball Game and later shortened to simply Moonball, the game has been played at multiple festivals and town gatherings in Kalimdor.

The balls used in the game are coated with Moonglow (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Moonglow) which gives them their bright shimmer. The shine dazzles the opponent when they are hit by the ball.

The game usually involves many competitors and a number of matches. It is commonly played as a tournament where players are eliminated each round. The number of players is ideally divided by four for an equal number of even players in each round, but sometimes matches may be adjusted to accommodate an uneven number of players.

Rules

• A match usually involves two players competing against each other, however in some cases there may be three or in rare cases even four people depending on the amount of participants and the time reserved for the game.
  • The players wait until the end of countdown before they start hurling moonballs at their opponent.
  • The players have to stay within the marked area during the match.
  • When a player gets hit three times they lose the match.
  • In cases where more than two players are involved in the match the last person standing moves on to the next round of the competition. To avoid confusion the players hit three times should leave the marked area immediately.
  • Speed enhancing spells and items are forbidden.

Out Of Character Moonball uses the Dazzling Rod ( https://www.wowhead.com/item=127859/dazzling-rod ) toy as the gameplay mechanic. Please make sure to acquire it before the event! In Character the game does not deploy magic wands.

18 Likes

While I have no idea if I can attend that day, I did put it in my agenda so I won’t forget to try and appear!

1 Like

All these events about highborne almost make me regret not having a highborne myself. Almost.

Also a small tip for the wand tournament. When you have the wand equipped you can /cast spell and it will work! For example, you can /cast Blink and teleport yourself away from an upcomming attack. I’m not sure if it is cheating (or if it counts as a speed enhancing spell, but surely it’s cool to know!).

1 Like

Hi! This one actually isn’t a Highborne event and Moonball is not a wand tournament (though, not sure if you meant it OOC). Thanks for the tip but teleporting around would count as cheating indeed! Moonball is a ball game played at many night elf themed festivals and village hours I’ve hosted in the past and I thought to make an event about it on its own as an excuse to bring people together. :slight_smile:

As mentioned though, if the Scourge invasions start before I’ll change the event into something else that day!

1 Like

You can just use your normal binds while having the wand out. No need to type the commands.

1 Like

Moonball is a time honoured sport of true skill, determination and focus. From the Darnassus events of the past to now, no better glory can be won than through this sport. The Titan of Tinkertown will come to uphold their imagined honour and proceed like everytime to never get past round two. But is it an act of shame to admit such a record of weakness? No I do declare, for at least an attempt was made.

Moonball awaits and the Scourge has nothing on how important this is.

1 Like

Seems the invasions aren’t going to start before the event date so we’ll most likely get to have our last moonball tournament before the Shadowlands!

3 Likes

This is tomorrow evening! I’ll try be around 19:30 onwards to sign people up for the game.

2 Likes

This is exciting! Will try to be there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks all who came! We had 8 players and 7 matches total, congratulations to the winner Valia Hightower and runner-up Aymeric!

A couple of screenshots + trinket prize visuals:
https://imgur.com/a/Fdb5yr7

I’ve enjoyed doing these smaller events (Pankration, Story Night, Shen’dralar Gathering, Moonball) that don’t require so much planning and preparation as the big ones. Hopefully others have enjoyed them too, and I wish everyone fun pre-patch times as we near the Shadowlands release!

4 Likes

It was fun, and very nice. I actually feel like I prefer such smaller events compared to the big ones where what you say gets drowned!

Also, some silly human won, but only through sheer luck!

3 Likes

It was great fun! Thank you again for hosting it, Acrona! I need to practice more for next time. ^^

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.