Affli lock normalize drain life and shadowbolt?

As the title says, i wanted to hear thought ands opinions if it would be a positive twist to afflicition, to normalize the dps between shadowbolt and life drain.
This way people who prefer bolt spam can still perform it, whilest people like myself that preferred to channel drains as it was in legion.

Tweak the mana cost and dps of life drain to be equal to shadowbolt and lower the healing gained in proportion to the dps gain so the self healing would remain equal. I think it wouldnt hurt the class output in anyway and only have a positive side to it.

Your thoughts?

1 Like

Legion drain, yes. Want my shardsnipe back and I enjoyed the legion drain filler over the bfa sb spam

4 Likes

bro 9.0 development is probably coming to an end already. these threads are kinda pointsless at this point

so… why wouldn’t you just use drain life only because it would do the same dps?

There is a reason for things being the way they are. You have drain soul if you want to use channels.

life drains cost now alot more mana, seconds some people prefer channels over spam casts, and drain soul is a ( and i believe its serious) dps loss.

indeed the is always a reason, this case its the devs that cant buildt the class right, they brought back SB cuz there were people also asking to change it back to old days. they got what they want and i cheer for those. however they can easily give both sides their preference choice of filler dps.

I recall the days where i was demo lock like so many others until we got the famous nerf series with the reason: “we’d rather you didn’t play demology.”
Where is that a proper solution to the other specs at the time underperforming?

I mean there are a lot of fun options they could’ve gone with which would also make the spec simpler (as it’s currently extremely complex compared to other specs and classes).

Things such as adding Drain Soul as baseline (inflicts equal shadow bolt damage + duration and increases the duration of all of your damage over time effects by 1 second, ticks every 1 second and generates soul shard fragments. May only affect 1 unstable affliction at a time)
Shadow bolt: inflicts shadow damage, generates a soul shard fragment and increases the duration of all of your damage over time effects by 2 seconds, duration further increased the lower your haste is.

Harvester’s Bargain: Afflicts ALL in-combat enemies up to a 40 yards radius around you with Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction and Siphon Life. Costs 3 soul shards.
Harvest Life: Raise your weapon and begin harvesting life from all in-combat enemies up to a 40 yards radius around you, inflicting shadow damage and increasing the duration of all damage over time effects by 1 second per tick. Ticks every second and generates soul shard fragments.

Dark Soul: Unleash Ulthalesh - Unleash the remnant power of Ulthalesh still within you, afflicting your target with all of your maladies and curses at once, applying all of your damage over time effects instantly for 5 seconds per soul shard consumed, you maintain your weapon pointed at the target, inflicting massive shadow damage and restoring health equal to 1000% of damage inflicted. Duration 1 second per soul shard consumed. Consumes up to 5 soul shards. The number of Unstable Afflictions you apply are equal to the number of shards you consumed.

Just a few things that I see would make affliction warlock, an AFFLICTION WARLOCK.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.