Affliction 9.1 dps

I am curious to see how a really good affliction warlock would end up dps wise with the new 9.1 changes like how much of a loss are these nerfs anyway

not to be dramatic or anything but these nerfs are huge and affliction lost its only niche which was raiding.

it will be dog in raids, m+ and pvp now lol.

1 Like

Hate to see those nerfs for affliction and it will impact both pve and pvp. But it is only 1st build and they buffed Agony. I think they will buff dot damage to compensate for rapture nerfs later on.

but the sacrolash rework is realy a thing what makes it unplayable , i hope we can melt down legys in 9.1 to get our soulash back or the just nerf the slow a bit, but taking away the signature of aff is not a good rework of the most played lego in pvp. All other classes just get a % nerf to their most played legendarys . I played it a few skirmishes on ptr . They need to remove curses from the gcd to make it work somehow , not only agonie should be buffed , all dots should be then. It would be also ok if they remove SE totaly from the game . SE in pve and pvp ( in pvp u never use it in that way and pve u cant snipe shards on dying mops , what hurts most in m+ where wl is just an ok A Tier)
A good redesign would be = Your Malefic Rupture Applies Shadows emprace on targets what buffs all Dot damage by 3% per stack . U could use it then also for pvp and dot damage would be more relevant

I honestly don’t even think that would be enough. The issue with relying on curses to slow the enemies means you will have an even worse time against classes that can dispell them.

I agree with you though that it needs something to make up for this. Sacrolash was super annoying to play against, so I get where they’re coming from, but with nothing to make up for the nerfs I honestly think affliction is dead for PvP.

But UA are up, so no dispellable Curse. That works if they remove the gcd.
But I doubt they will do that, for them we are finished, but they just started to regain the class fantasy

problem is against a comp like turbo the enhancement shaman is able to dispell only the slow . against rmp the mage will dispell, Junglecleave feral will dispell and so on its like that u r only hardcountering classes without dispelll , there are enough ways to get rid of the slow as it is at the moment

Wtf?!? I know that the slow gets removed with a HoF or sprint, but using dispel should anyways trigger UA. Even if you can only dispel curses or magic effect. UA is there to protect our dots aka debuff on the target.
Wow if it is like you said UA is a lot weaker than I thought, good that in 9.1 destruction will be the go to.

The problem with the nerf is its a double nerf.

Single target gets nerfed twice and milti target on top.

Ramp up is going to take too long for too little payout if were not careful.
I’m not sure what the damage meter companions is compared to live and I get people saying don’t do it as its subject to change. However it needs to be done to see a tangible outcome to give appropriate feedback.

I think it we will find its too much and the spell change itself will be changed again.

Ramp up is the larger issue at hand for mythic plus and pvp, assuming talented for haunt phantom and Siphon.

Haunt
Ua
Agony
Corruption
Siphon
Covenant spell
Phantom/VT
Drain x3
Dark soul
Dark glare
MR fast before drop off (completely reliant on DG to no have to re apply.)

Thats 10 globals with cool downs, (without cd likely more to reapply)

And unholy dk were moaning they had too much ramp up…

I get dots are damage directly, however with MR nerfed theirs no payoff for 15 seconds of set up.

In lower keys 15seconds could see a pack dead, I can’t run a full set of dots in that time.

Ramp up with dots on a full GCD is an issue.

Solutions will be to introduce a way to spread all dots fast ( it is after all our damage) soul swap is one such way and good fun to use.

Reduce GCD for dots to reduce ramp up time and make spec flow better.

Pvp 15 seconds to get full damage rolling is assuming you are left alone, again same issue is here, if you had soul swap and you got targeted you could copy the spells over too the target and setup a play again will help.

Hope the change is getting reverted , seems like we r not wanted in arena as afflock , community hates our slow , but its the only thing what keeps us viable there

many warlocks begged for buffs but they got nerfs instead. the class became even worse.

I believe it’s time to retire the warlock.

Never again, I tried in Legion and bfa. Always came back to play the class.
We need to be vocal, even if they don’t listen now. Keep going, we danger demanded green fire and got it.

I think we all thought we would get meaningfull buffs throughout 9.0.0 as well

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.