Affliction dead again in pvp, after 9.1 patchnotes , see you!

Wow, I’am amazed how this game can’t fix characters. Adding new stuff to classes while affliction getting rotted over and over again.

20% damage increase to dots :smiley: wow
So now ur dots will hit 300 per tick not 250. Superb

Health pool in 9.1 will be like 60k? It will take you 15 minutes to dot to death :smiley:

Sacrolash nerf, r druid, mage, shaman spam dispel on curse of exhaustion. Have a great time with globals.
Malefic rapture insane nerf. No aoe damage anymore, m+ affliction gone forever.
Wait unstable affliction dispel will still hit 10k on 60k hp pool so here we go, all healers will freely dispel all ir dots!

New pvp talent. Kek :smiley:

Worst defensive rotation. Affliction dies to air since bfa. Without any proper defensives and that slow removal it will be free kill.

Destruction warlock massive buff wow.
Just wow

6 Likes

Apparently Blizzard didn’t get the memo that Aff is supposed to do the rotting, not to be rotted.

You are also ignoring that we’ll also get a new tier and with that more int, mastery and haste. It’s not just HP that will inflate.

New PVP talent is quirky, but a little dumb. It’s a highlight reel type spell. Maybe once every 100 uses you’ll do something crazy.
Destro and Demo will absolutely see way more use out of it though.

I’m ok with Sacrolash being changed, but compensate us for it Blizzard. They’re terrible at nerfing something and forgetting to compensate. That’s why DK’s self heal for literally nothing, they got nerfed in BFA and Blizz never compensated going into SL.

Bro you forgot that with higher level versatility increase too, so overall with new covenant self healing abilities and damage reduction affli dot damage could even go lower than numbers I wrote. I’am just writing just a guess numbers, which in my opinion will be live with all that intellect and other gear wise increase. Of course they will prune affliction thats what they have been doing past 3 years. Bfa season 1 affliction drain stack to 100, that’s where affliction could kill someone. What they have done? They have reduced stacks to 50 and azerite gear was nerfed to 50% in pvp situation, after season 1 nerf affliction was out of game since shadowlands. What they do now is exactly what happened in bfa. Nerf sacrolash, boost destro. Next season destro will demolish everyone in arena, you know what they will change? They will nerf demon armor like 4 times as they did in bfa, and guess what, that change will be applied to affliction just for fun, cause affli is still able live 5 sec instead of 3 lol.

3 Likes

they have to rework the whole class if they want to change sacrolash, cause its the only thing keeping us in PVP A tier. Now we are trash tier compared to everything else. I guess it was easier to kill off affliction than a descent rework.

Ptr just started the killing had just started, Mark my words. They just started with the butchering, they need to give us more spells.
A lot of talents are mandatory for our survival, so Ion when a class needs talents to survive it is a total failure!! Survival talents should be the to improve certain types of dmg spikes to survive that. Like Dark bargain back for burst classes, dark Pact for Rot comb and soul link for sustain dmg comb.
Make burning rush and demon skin baseline.

Demon armor baseline and Dark Regeneration as talent if you need more selfheal.
Gateway Mastery baseline, for all specs.

1 Like

Dot buffs are the right approach but the problem is that they are not enough. What Blizzard needs is to buff Afflictions defensive and maybe increase dot damage only for PvP like they did with Chaos Bolt and Frostbolt. Affliction has also another problem - no PvP talent changes affect it since you still need to play Demon Armor, Rapid Contagion and Rampant Afflictions.

What I think might be done is just remove Demon Armor and give Soul Link to Affliction instead. This way there is at least 1 free PvP talent slot for Affliction to choose something and Affliction survivability problem is solved.

2 Likes

No bist no, Demon Armor is not strong. It is to weak to be a talent, same goes for demon skin. Both should be baseline and casting circle should be a passiv baseline effect, we should be an Immobile tanky caster, so silence is nothing for warlock

I’m afraid that current Demon armor and Demon Skin with Casting Circle is still not enough to call Affliction tanky caster.

1 Like

But it will be better than now, and as replacement we get Dark Regeneration and Dark Bargain. Soul link is also a talent.

Siphon Life is a passiv heal with all dmg, replacement talent Soulburn. Haunt baseline replaced with Soul Efigy. Dark Soul baseline replaced with Soul Swap and change Creeping Death to increases dmg of all dots as the health decreases on the target.

Covenant and Legendary Tuning
We’ve deliberately used a very light touch with any hotfixes that might affect Covenant or Legendary balance, as we’re keenly aware of the resources players have invested in those systems. A patch, however, allows for ample notice for the community and a testing and feedback loop that should help ensure that we don’t unintentionally undermine your investment in your covenant or legendary items. // i think they fired the guy who told this in the last patch XDDD

I was against legendary items and covenants in pvp, this shouldn’t be a thing for competitive play. It just makes it unfair for certain specs or energy the class.
Look at the hunt or convoke, then at every warlock covenant ability.

soulrot XDD you play it just to aktive your soulbind mastery XDD now we have a bad covenant ability and a rank 4 legy in our bank slots XDDD

2 Likes

I will play destruction if it stays like this

Covenant and Legendary Tuning (9.0.5 )
We’ve deliberately used a very light touch with any hotfixes that might affect Covenant or Legendary balance, as we’re keenly aware of the resources players have invested in those systems. A patch, however, allows for ample notice for the community and a testing and feedback loop that should help ensure that we don’t unintentionally undermine your investment in your covenant or legendary items. // Did the guy got fired who thought about this in the last patch ? ?

we pay xpac, we pay subs, but we’re here to test their changes… interesting business model… haha they’re sheetting on us so hard and people are loving it

every kyrian is happy about this change , now they can counter aff with one button :stuck_out_tongue:

Game is ruined by boomkins and they are looking for victims in warlocks - its like in Germany before WW2.

1 Like

Warlock officially gone guys, even destro, if you watch new pvp talents to boomkins, ferals, assa rogue, you will forget warlock forever :)) not even worth to play 9.1 it’s just way too try hard. No defensives changes to locks means it’s gone for good.

• [Owlkin Adept (New)
    Owlkin Frenzy reduces the cast time of your next Cyclone or Entangling Roots by 50% and can stack up to 2 times. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Druid. Requires level 10.

Balance, Feral, Restoration

Cyclone leaves the target reeling, reducing their damage and healing by 30% for 4 sec. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Druid. Requires level 10.

Feral

• [Ferocious Wound]
    Attacking with a 5 combo point Ferocious Bite reduces the target’s maximum health by up to 5% for 30 sec, stacking up to 3 2 times. Ferocious Wound can only be active on one target at once. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Druid. Requires level 10.

Name changed from “Rip and Tear” to “Wicked Claws”. Instantly applies Rake and Rip to the target Infected Wounds can now stack up to 2 times, and reduces 12% of all healing received by the target per stack. Infected Wounds can now also be applied from Rip. Requires Cat Form. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 60 Energy. Melee range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Druid. Requires level 10

• [Creeping Venom (New)]
    Your Envenom applies Creeping Venom, reducing the target’s movement speed by 5% for 4 sec. Creeping Venom is reapplied when the target moves. Max 18 stacks. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Rogue. Requires level 10.

• [Intent to Kill] Shadowstep’s cooldown is reduced by 66% 90% when used on a target marked by your Vendetta. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Rogue. Requires level 10.

Time to rest boys! :d

2 Likes

just remove every spell in the book and just keep the dots but center the whole spec around it like it was in the BC then in pvp most classes would go around an aff lock just for the reason that even when you manage to kill one the dots would still get ya, miss those day’s.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.