Affliction is too slow, and destro too spammy

Blizzard please, once great spec which was Affliction, now is so slow that i can make breakfast during dotting, make gcd for dots as short as they were in legion please…

And destro… i’d really would want to try out this spec but it’s so simple that no one can show off with their skills on dps metters, because it’s simply spamming 1234 without even having to think what do you press. Please add some baseline spells to it or make active dps talents stronger at least.

Everyone knows that blizzard screwed whole design on bfa, i really hope next expansion won’t be such mistake.

15 Likes

They are as in legion, i think you misunderstood the GCD change, it hardly affects warlocks.

1 Like

What’s wrong with the idea of one of the three warlock specs having less buttons to press and being a bit ‘simpler’? Isn’t it supposed to be the advantage of a DPS-only class: that you’ve more freedom to choose the playstyle you want? Why does everything have to be complex?

6 Likes

Playing destro with 1,1,x,2,x,1,1 and Memory of Lucid Dreams essence. Makes it quite fast paced.
Going to throw in Vision of Perfection too once i get it. Might end up spamming a lot of chaos bolts, but then the challenge is actually managing to spend the soul shards without getting hit by stuff.

NOT REALLY, in legion gcd on dots was 0,5 second, now its 1,5 second and it feels painfully to dot on m+ or even on raid, i used to have 20% haste in legion and i felt how fast it was, and now i have 23% haste and i feel how SLOW it is, so please don’t talk if you don’t have idea

1 Like

The base GCD for all spells has been 1.5 sec since vanilla.

4 Likes

there are also people who enjoy destruction’s theme but can’t play it because of how boring and easy it is, i’m not talking about forcing noobs to have 10 spells too, but they could at least make active (dpsing) talents SLIGHTLY better than boring passives or 2min cd boring crit improves.
You barely have 1750 achi points, you are beginner, you don’t really have experience as warlock. Maybe if you’ll play longer you will see that having spec with which only ilvl matters because of the fact how easy it is, is annoying.

This is an undeniable argument which truly shows your superiority in understanding the game design (and also how the achievement points are displayed). It makes no sense to discuss further.

6 Likes

Warlocks in general are unplayable, i dont know how you guys are doing it. Mechanically, and aesthetically as well.

Afflition - your dots are meaningles and UA spam is the most retarded thing on earth. Affliction is supposed to be slow - you dot things up and outlast/tank/drain your way to victory. Now it feels weak and unreliable.

Destro - chaos bolt hits hard but looks ugly, and every other spell has 0 impact on target’s HP.

Demo - instead of one powerful demon under our command we get a circus of ugly useless little demons that clutter the screen and look and sound generally retarded.

IMO warlocks suffered the most over time. Used to be my favourite class along with rogue, and now rogue is at least at 50% of what it was. Warlocks are like just 10%.

4 Likes

No for aff dots. We had a passive skill which reduce to 0.5

1 Like

How was this passive called?

I cant remember… but something like pandemic

Not sure what that means, Pandemic used to extend duration of affliction dots when refreshed, now it’s a general rule for all dots and hots.
The only thing i remember dealing with GCDs was Amplified Curse which reduces the gcd of curses (not all dots), BY (not TO) 0.5 sec, but this was removed before legion.
There’s also nothing on the artifact weapon that could have caused this.

Yes it was removed. I am just saying that was a skill that reduced gcd for some spells.

1 Like

Usually when something is removed, that is documented. I know what you’re saying but usually people say a lot of things on the internet and most of the time it’s not true.

1 Like

Because you’ll end up having a boring class design just like how legion/Bfa warlocks turned out.

2 Likes

By making one of the three specs to (maybe) press (a bit) less buttons, you end up having a boring class design? Sorry, but this logic is flawed.

How is it flawed exactly? Just look how boring destro is with its 3 button rotation

1 Like

It’s flawed because ‘boring’ is subjective. Someone may like big numbers from Chaos Bolts and don’t mind 3 button rotation (which is not 3 button by the way).

Class design would be boring if this was the only option for warlocks. But we have two other specs, which are vastly different from Destro and from each other.

If you have a class with 3 specs, one of which you consider boring, and because of this you conclude that the whole class design is boring, then your logic is flawed.

Amplify Afflictions. Look it up