Affliction warlock got few pve improvements

The rune is only good for farming soul shards in a duel. It still does not procc ISB if used instead of SB and needs to channeled instead of MC being a dot.

Ptr is active again. Sadly you are right. Tested it and it is weak.

I had my hopes up when the new MoC came, it felt good and was a serious try to fix a gameplay issue and was nearly a perfect hit. I hyped myself wayyy too hard to this new PTR build and then it hits like the new shadowflame in the face. Im so sad right now, but I will play affliction till the bitter end. 31/x/x for solo and 30/0/21 for raids. I cant stand destro gameplay loop at all. Atleast they didnt take away my rotation, which I like.

EDIT: Im very tempted to roll shadowpriest, since it is a better affliction lock anyway, but for my soloing purposes I am going to need princess epic dagger and aint going to farm that second time.

100% what i also feel.

But i will maybe try 0/30/21 with fel guard too. New fel guard finally deals more dps than imp. And the 60 spell res it provides is a good survivability bonus that is probably too good to ignore.
Main spec will also be 30/0/21 or maybe 27/3/21 depending on which one sims higher.

I might try soul link felguard too, it was really fun in TBC.

No soul link for me… i prefer going for ruin.

You know what else i noticed that makes dps warlock stand in a worse spot than before?
Many other aoe abilities got buffed to hit 10 targets now… molten blast, swipe, shadow cleave, thunder clap.
But did they increase the max targets for shadow bolt volley? No of course not. It still is 5 max.