Affliction warlock got few pve improvements

Update. The direction we are moving is good. But not yet far enough.

Most of the weaknesses that existed are still there on p4 ptr.

Dot spells still scale too weak with spellpower (on raid bosses)
increase haunt bonus dot effect to +50% instead of +20% when cast on a pve target

Improved shadowbolt debuff is still limited to 4 charges so a shadowpriest consumes all of them within a few seconds.
Remove the 4 charges for the debuff, just make it a straight 12 sec lasting debuff. (Like you did with stormstrike debuff)

Dark pact talent is still totally useless.
make the amount scale with spellpower and let it increase the caster’s spellpower by +10% for 10 sec.

Master channeler is still a cast range punishment.
replace the +50% bonus healing with +50% bonus cast range

Siphon life is still too weak to be a noteworthy dps gain.
let siphon life scale 100% more with spellpower, reduce the heal to only 50% of damage dealt

Demonic pact is still no good feeling to use because others benefit the same amount as one self.
give the buff provider a self bonus of +15% instead of +10%

Everlasting affliction and invocation rune still too weak to be worth picking.
let everlasting affliction also increase corruption damage by +20%, let invocation rune increase all dot duration by 2 extra ticks in addition to let it shortcut the last 2 ticks

Please take care of these horrible things.

The spec with the most flaws gets the least fixes… and instead a new flaw on top of that. nice!

Blizzard please finally start working on your promise “every spec will be viable”

I’m 90% sure they forgot affliction is a spec people can play.
Even on warcraft logs, remember every dps spec is on there (even frost mage). Except for Affliction, because no one plays it.

Probably have no clue how to balance it without it being utterly oppressive in PvP.

I still think they should just give a rune that makes nightfall able to proc off all shadow dots and give it 2/3 charges. That way you become an instant shadowbolt weaver between dot rotation. Also make soul drain execute and make Shadowbolt castable if you have a nightfall charge during a soul drain / life drain

I did play deep affli until last reset, 31/0/10 and did pretty good. Tried nightfall/ruin, but I dont like the play style at all.

You seem to be a good player what i can tell from your parses.
But the truth is with fire destro you would have dealt easy +20 or even +30% dps.
Or to put it in another perspective you would easy be in top 100 rankings if affliction parses and destro parses would not be in one category together.

So it somehow takes your “being top 100” down to “being over average” for ppl who dont know the struggle with affli

Yes, I know would probably be higher with another specc, but I wont play fire destro because I hate it to the bones. I die on this hill.

But to be fair. Affliction is really hard to play. Track 7 or 8 debuffs to get corruption lined perfectly to get it roll etc. Grimoire of synergy lottery+haunt+isb if it does not get instantly consumed. I never use dark pact in raids, could switch the point to imp lash of pain probably. Parsing is also really hard, raid comp has to be pretty perfect too, not that it wouldnt be for everyone but you know.

With the new mark of chaos we finally got 1 problem removed… we have now an 100% viable excuse to finally use our curse of agony.

The new soul siphon rune seems to be still too weak to be worth picking.

Blockquote
The new soul siphon rune seems to be still too weak to be worth picking.

Totally. Still waiting for Dark Pact spell power scaling tho. Otherwise I like the new mark of chaos. Affliction is not doomed. (No pun intended) MoC Also lasts longer when using doom, so more room for shadow bolt spam. I still would like to have everlasting affliction to stack corruption instead of demonic pact. Its pretty essential to be able to ditch out significant damage.

I would love to see at least one more improvement, better would be 2 or 3. Then affliction will rock this party.

If i would have to choose 3 favorites of my own suggestions then they would be:

Siphon life 100% more SP scaling at cost of 50% heal effect.
Invocation rune makes dots 2 ticks longer in addition to the shortcut possibility.
Haunt effect stronger when cast on PvE targets.

Something with pet. Im thinking of a rune to give felhunter an ability with 6s cooldown to reset the duration of a random dot, doom excluded, similarly to a rune that gives priests Mind Blast the ability to reset a dot to full duration.

That would be also good stuff. But that seems to be asked too much i guess… this would be a totally new thing, i am a bit more realistic and mostly ask for just tuning already existing things

Or maybe this. Dark Pact rune. Dark Pact now scales with spell power. Dark Pact also refreshes the duration of your one of your damage over time abilities, excluding Doom and Drain Life, on any of the targets back to its maximum duration. The ability with the shortest remaining duration will always be the one refreshed.

More Shadowbolts to a single target and dots keep rolling.

But means your pet will be oom quick and then you gain nothing from it including DPS?

Life Tap still applies to pets.

1 Like

Ok but have the changed dark pact or something?

No, not yet, but I definitely hope they change it. Looking forward to the new PTR build.

RIP, no affliction changes.

1 Like

At least soul siphon rune got another overhaul… could be worth a try now.
But this is one of the unimportant changes.