Affliction Warlock

Please can we have some kind of rework or something that makes us viable in M+ Content.

I feel that a lot of other classes have “BIG” damaging abilitys but I feel like affliction does not have anything of the sort, (Malefic Wrath not withstanding as it requires 5+ DoTs to be active before it does anything remotely close to decent damage)

I do not like to play Demonology or Destro and feel I should not have to play either of these specs to do comfortably in M+

Not sure what t he answer would be because anything like a spell which consumed all your DOT,s and dealt ALL dot damage instantly (IE… The equivalent of a Chaos Bolt or Pyroblast) would probably be seen as OP.

2 Likes

2 or more targets is only seed of corruption and with 4pc it is pretty strong in aoe as well as st spec with MR.

u should spec the talents correctly, left trees - not dargklare, not soulrot
also no soul explosion. spend wisely - maximize damage.

What are your suggested talents then ? I just done 18 BRH with a WW Monk and a Frost Mage Average dmg Glacial Spike 533k, Average dmg Blackout Kick 125k.

I find my MR to hit for about 130k with ALL DoT,s up which feels weak in comparison.

This was the talents i was running

That’s pretty much standard build for keys,and yeah its a bit underwhelming compared to any class imo.
But then again doing a 1x 20 for a weekly, couldn’t care any less cuz our class is a joke.

I think they should add a spell that has scaling damage relative to the number of DoTs and the time left on their duration timer, where it could help having a burst option.

I think that would be a good addition, I feel that the ramp up for affliction and the ticking rate of DoTs is too small and/or too slow for current content, I think Malefic Grasp wasnt too bad when it was a thing, and soul swap when it transferred all your DoT,s was good with no shard cost.

Malefic Rapture does damage based on the number of DoT,s but as you said maybe they could add the “total” damage of each DoT to MR because you haev to spend so many GCD,s to apply them all in ST scenarios,

Vile Taint and Seed + Incresae Agony stacks is nice but i feel should be baseline and not a talent point.

1 Like

I just want to add that I am really sick of dot renewing 7/24 in a m+ run using half of my class and doing quarter of the damage of others. Design wise aff is unplayable in m+ content.

1 Like

I feel like at 472 and ending up at 130k Overall or so whilst a WW Monk or DH finishes with near 200k is so bad and makes me feel like Affliction is holding my group back, I kind of feel that I am forced into going into Demonology just to feel that I can contribute to my team instead of feeling like a dead weight.

On some of the larger pulls I am able to “almost” hold my own but this is 7+ mobs when its 4-5 I have no chance to keep up with either the WW or DH or even barely the tank which is sad.

I would not even mind if in AOE my team mates destroyed me but in ST I was miles above them but this is not even the case they can keep up with ST (With all my DoT’s and MR spam),
The shard cost on MR really hurts in ST as you soon run out of Shards and when it,s hitting for barely 150k compared to a 1 button press Blackout Kick for 150k makes you want to rage so hard.

Blizz please fix Affliction and make it at least competitive instead of being F Tier in EVERY season on Subcreation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.