Affliction

So thinking about re rolling an affliction warlock for raids. Looking at the rotation I see it a bit difficult to keep track of the cooldowns such as haunt, corruption, agony and siphon life as they seem all to have a short timeout. Coming from a balance druid we have only moonfire and Sunfire and they take more time. When I tried a lock I was more paying attention to all these cooldowns than to the actual raid :slight_smile:)

u dont need to use siphon life and haunt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you serious ? I was on icy-veins and say to use haunt and siphon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Icy-veins is great crap, but, yes do everything there is holy truth… guide for stupid people to do stupid things

Haunt is essential for warlocks on every fight in EP, Siphon life is best on most fights but you can also run absolute corruption on orgozoa / zaqul / queens, so not sure what you are talking about?

1 Like

Icy Veins is generally written by high tier players who know their class. Obviously there are other ways to do things, but to say it’s a “guide for stupid people to do stupid things” is just pure garbage.
Anyway, for Affliction I find using an addon like TellMeWhen is super useful for keeping tabs of the debuffs on targets and their durations.

2 Likes

I found many crap and explicitly wrong informations on icy-veins. The point is, you have to use your brain. But people dont do that because they count on “hight tier playes who know their class”. Whats the difference between bot and you?

1 Like

U mad bro?

Honestly the best advice I can give you is to look thro add-ons and see if you find anything that works for you.

Affliction is rather attention demanding in the start, but at least in my experience it’s just something you have to get used to. Once you have you’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly, and it’ll be a lot easier to divide your attention. And until then, it’s alright if you can’t preform optimally in favor of being able to focus on what’s going on around you - just don’t lose Agony. :slight_smile:

You have dots and haunt debuff on your target so even without looking at your bar you know whdn to refresh.
Every 2 haunt you get a deathbolt. Chexk your phantol si gulzrity whenever you use deathbolt.

Soul harvest and daekglare got 2 and 3min plenty of time to track them.

Seeing that coming from a character with exactly 0 raiding experience is pretty funny, why are you even pretending to give expert advice when you’ve never entered a raid before ?

Asking Icyveins is like asking tradechat for tips

Can you point out one?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.