Again: why momentum is not a good design

Personally I am not a fan of momentum.

• there is no on par alternative (as promised, the new talent system that community liked gives as so much choices!)
  • you are forced to use mobility stuff in rotation
  • high risk I guess? etc.

The most important thing in my opinion is that the game isn’t even ready for such playstyle. Leaves, trees (CoS for example), textures are the things that are going into your camera.

It can annoy a tank who just sits in a place and drive him crazy; dps who placed their aoe on a ceiling - but yes, DH jumping around who sees leaves and other elements of buildings is fine. You can’t see what is in front of you, but retreat into a frontal behind is also cool.
Does not apply to dungeons with open space.

That being said, defending momentum is pathetic. It’s like having sand in your eyes and saying it’s ok.

5 Likes

Completely agree. Momentum sucks. I loved my DH in shadowlands, now not so much.

I have not heard anyone really enjoying it so I think that it is only a matter of time, before blizzard reacts.

3 Likes

If havoc is forced into momentum so should vengeance, let the tanks suffer suffer as well.
Because apparently being essentially a half demon is not class fantasy, but speed is.

1 Like

VDH suffers enough without momentum as it is :joy:

Demonic DH is the way!

2 Likes

Tbh I wish there was a viable build without demonic, where you effectively play around being a smaller, nimble fighter, without movement speed abilities for damage.

Momentum is just bad design, I remember In antorus our DH played it during Mythic progress and Sometimes fall off the edge.

2 Likes

Demonic got gutted to make the tier set less powerful for that build, to make sure that momentum stays top-tier.

Blizzard often looks at what people pick as the ‘that is what they want’. So dead talents will be dead, and “popular” talents will get buffed if they fall behind.

1 Like

Most of DH players/enthusiasts i know went vengeance due to mementum fiasco.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.