Against Overwhelming Odds - Shadowlands

It’s 20% now because Horde pveers were feeling safe and turned on wm. After they get some AOO treatment it will maybe go back to 15%, and then empty WM shards will return.

I have no problem with raids being in any of the 4 “normal” zones, but with the way the maw works then I would argue that removing progress for any pvp quest in the maw would make more sense or turn off stygia drops from pvp kills, as it is now it just makes it worthless to go into the maw with wm on, as it is a combined negative to do that compared to go in with wm-off, just because of how stygia works

1 Like

The Maw tends to be the most “camped” spot in my experience so I could see the adaptation you suggest working to some extend. Certainly a step into the right direction!

No matter which zone you enter, realistically its very easy to camp any zone, most zones have a hot spot or something similar to the maw where its kind of a no brainer, aspirants rest and the arena fp in maldraxxus being 2 more examples which come to mind.

If anything the maw is safest place from pvp since you have a 2 minute honorless target debuff which makes you irrelevant to the quest progression.

the problem with the maw is not getting killed in itself but how stygia works in the maw that just makes it a bad designe.
and to be fair the maw dont really have a chookepoint you can not bypass with the farmers being able to close it, as there are 2 portals out into the maw in different areas and getting back with the teleport devise is easy and done deal.

and im not really against pvp in the open world im against the loss of stygia in the maw from pvp, as the system does not premote pvp at all it does the exat opperset.

The problem is the lack of Call to Arms quests. Would be much more wpvp if we had them. Assaults coming in 9.1 I think, maybe CtA will be back too.

So the weekly reset has occured, which does mean that its definitely a case of more alliance are very likely opting in (just for the quest) and or the % increase. (Since the % is back to square one now, no overwhelming odds quest available.)

OR

the alternative is that more horde are opting out, which of the case obviously we cannot prove either of which is the case. So its very likely a case that Blizzard are going to need to fundamentally change their approach on how to make PVP exciting without it being tied to a benefit of having it toggled on = more resources for the hassle of being farmed by the opposite faction.

Maybe the assaults in the following patch might make PVP more interesting, maybe it wont…maybe its time to add a early knife of nzoth to allow disruption from your own faction?

Edit 1: I’m not sure if horde has ever had overwhelming odds between BFA & SL but if they haven’t we can rule out it being a case of a lack of horde participating in W-PvP possibly if so.

not turn it on till fix it refuse be farm allience donkeys sorry just dont want be farm dont feel need only 1 player against 20 allience jump at you at 1 this no world pvp just mindless ganking

It’s not possible to complete in a raid group.

1 Like

And by turning it off when not interested in wpvp, you’ve helped balance shards better.

1 Like

that is wrong, it would help balance faction balance nothing more.
the sharding tech is just as broken as it would be with him having warmode on as in off.
the way the sharding tech works right now is just worse then bad.

Could be worse :relaxed:

If that is your way of going about it then anything they do good or bad does not matter as it could be worse, that angle is wrong in my opinion.

But it is funny how they could make it so the sharding system did not mess with balance instead of what it does now is pretty easy though it would make forming groups for rares and the like harder or just shard bound but a better system would always place a party in the shard with your factions lowest precense of your group/raid, that and removing the Stygia loss from pvp aktiveties would both wastly improve warmode

Preventing players from grouping up to kill a bounty for example. Not a good solution.

it does not prevent it, just means grouping up for stuff like that is shard bound or a gamble but it is a lot better then what we have now with groups pushing balance in one direction of horde or allaince, this would spread people out and help with the balancing instead of making the balancing harder(from shard to shard)

Or Place parties in shards with other parties, instead of in shards with individual players, where many of them likely arent even engaged in agressive ganking, leading to onesided pvp.

So, for example a solo rogue bounty is stealthing around, local defense organically forms a party to kill it, now that party is shunted to a different shard with no rogue bounty. Sounds bad.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.