Against Overwhelming Odds

Can they just remove this quest and simply give alliance free anima and conquest every week no questions asked? It’s as annoying to camp the maw as ally as it is being camped as horde.

2 Likes

Well, it’s a form of revenge.

You see, with WM on we’re CONSTANTLY getting murdered by horde, because on average they have higher gear (alliance heroic+ raiding and high mythic keys are really rare), so we’re getting steamrolled everywhere we go.

With Against Overwhelming Odds, there’s actually reason to fight back. We can’t necessarily take down those 220+ilvl behemoths horde throws at us 1v1, but we CAN group up on them (which ACTUALLY HAPPENS with this weekly), or just keep taking potshots at fresh lvl 60s and afk people at flight paths to take a little bit of revenge.

It’s usually not worth the bother for 1-16 honor… I mean the system is just pure … someone kills you 4 times and when you finally manage to kill them back you get 3 honor for it. I mean, seriously? It’s no wonder ppl are turning WM off. Sometimes the hassle is just not worth the 3 extra talents for PvE.

1 Like

I dunno about that, i have WM turned on 24/7 on all my toons and don’t get ‘‘slaughtered’’ that often. I just find the quest annoying, having to camp hotspots, tags not working properly because of groups etc. It’s just an annoying quest, i just want my free anima and conquest lol

Seems like just giving ally free anima every week would spare both alliance and horde players a headache

Dude you’re a 220 ilvl DRUID. Nobody wants to deal with that unless they’re 3vs1.

Ppl are honestly scared of druids because each of the 4 specs in decent enough gear can outlast (or downright murder) anyone 1v1.

Levelling and doing WQs on my Alliance Mage rarely have I been subjected to ganks… meanwhile having WM on on this Horde character it so frequently experiences gank squads…

1 Like

Blizzard use that quest to get people into WM so they can boost their “participation” numbers. They don’t seem to care about gameplay when it comes to WM. They just want to show that participation are high and then ignore the reason why.

I did the quest today on an alt. There was a 250 anima WQ in Ardenweald, so I just joined a group to farm the FP near the WQ. Great game play :stuck_out_tongue:

Well yes. The geared horde annoys and frustrates alliance players enough that they take the frustration out on any low geared horde they can find.

I don’t condone lowbie killing most of the time, but recently horde lowbies started forming into GANGS to try and murder lvl 60s… the gloves come off.

On alliance side, pretty much every Dhead from Kazzak (horde realm) is out to get you, personally, and corpsegank you till you cry. These vile, toxic, sad existences will then spit on you and dance on your corpse. Especially if you’re a low level. Stormscale is almost as bad as Kazzak, though the frequency of lowbie-ganking and spitting is lower.

I mean it shows, every time it’s up it’s just a big fiesta outside the Venari place. It makes Classic flightpoint camping look like a joke.

Or when there’s a 250 anima WQ somewhere. For example at the Arena in the middle of Maldraxxus. The flight path will just be camped. Great gameplay!

Its pretty much the only quest currently that even keeps some form of warmode going on - and there should be more. PVE transmog boys can go warmode off.

I think it works fine, for what it is.

I’m quite surprised that Warmode balance isn’t completely out of whack. Whether it’s because of Against Overwhelming Odds, Stygia loss in The Maw, or a combination, or something entirely different, I don’t know. But there does seem to be some semblance of balance and self-balancing mechanism in place. And that’s good.

I think a good side-effect of Against Overwhelming Odds is that whilst it brings some Alliance players into Warmode, however briefly, for easy Anima, then it also scares some Horde players out of Warmode, because there’s a higher likelihood of getting hunted down.
So more Alliance and fewer Horde, that ultimately balances things out faster than if it’s just one of the two that happens.

Anima and Conquest as a reward is also more lucrative and less controversial than a piece of gear like in Battle for Azeroth, so that’s good as well I think.

Yeah, every time you go to Maw you need to disable WM first or you’ll lose far more than you gain. It’s nuts.

While you have almost nothing to lose in Maw by dying until you unlock the conduit upgrade item and beyond, after that, every time you lose stygia it HURTS.

Going to SW to cancel WM for 30-40 min excursion into the maw every day is a massive pain.

You can disable it in any rested place, you just need to be in Stormwind or Orgrimmar (for Horde) to turn it on.

I’m using WM just to level alts and turn it off once I get to Oribos, on one character I forgot to turn it off on managed to do it by standing on top of the Innkeeper near the bottom Bastian flight path point.

wow you are in WM on but crying about pvp? maybe you should never turn it on :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.