Aggrend: Fix Spellcaster Gear Scaling please!

There is nowhere near enough good resistance gear in the game to make it worthwhile, compared to armor which even cloth classes can stack enough of to get between 20-30% physical damage reduction. Unless we are going to get 100+ spell resistances on PVP gear alone at later ranks to compensate for increased SP scaling, then it’s gonna have to be a no.

yes in PVP casters need as much spell penetration as possible i take the 2 trinkets from warsong they stack to 30 and a mage can skill 10 points.

I am fairly certain the treshold is multiplicators of 10 or none, but i cant find any scource for it atm, just nemory of having to reduce resistance in tbc arenas to 0. So, scource would be appreciated

Nice idea, imo especially for lower levels and before getting geared, but i think you omitted the fact that in SoD it’s easier to achieve spell hit cap - not good enough spell hit but actual cap - even before entering classic raids, so that’s already a considerable spike in dmg for casters.

I have more spell damage at lvl 40 on my mage than i had in prebis on my lock in SoM and on my mage in Classic 2019.

Then with mixology - if it will work for flask of supreme power - and if they also make Black lotus drop from high end herbs later on like in SoM, it will also be easier to use the flask early on. Remember while melees and hunters have strong elixirs and better world buffs they don’t have an actual dps flask.

resistances in TBC does not work the same way they do in vanilla.
this is why you don’t see anyone gear for resistances in any TBC raids, because after vanilla blizzard decided to basically make it irrelevant going forward.

a lot of people complained that they had to get a bunch of resistance gear that did squat other than increase resistances, which is a valid complaint.

i am not happy with how blizzard handled it back then. they took the easy way out.

Yes but this flask will cost 200g+ each if i am not wrong :rofl:

Good point, that’s why i hope mixology will help with it and they also should add Black lotus to drop from dreamfoil and such. The supply alone would drive prices down. For example in SoM i was using it even farming in scholo - it was like 40-50g then dropped even lower.

40-50g would be acceptabale.
Even up to 100g considering how easy it is to farm 100g in sod

Resistance in tbc was good, it was used on atleast 5 bosses in t5, also in pvp it was very good.
And i dont recall any mention of this change, any scource for that?

The best solution would be to delete all spell power/healing/ +spell school stats and just make 1 intellect = +1 spell damage , 1 spirit = +1 healing.

i assumed they changed how resistances work because i didn’t see anyone make demands for it in TBC ever

i could probably find a source on how it was changed but tbh google is right there, you can look up what they did if you are interested.

just to clarify; i don’t know how or what they did to it in TBC, but they did something.

Well, only few tanks needed it, on 2 bosses in the lady vash raid and 1 in TK. There werent any need for dps or healers.

I really dont fecall anything about a change, and cant find anything either

i guess they didn’t change resistances then, but the content instead

These 2 solutions would have good impact to gear scaling and would be 100% fair

We need this. Push!

Buff spelldmg scaling and add resilience on pvp gear

2 Likes

True. So treating the symptoms is actually not as effective as curing the sickness.

1 Like

The crit chance for spells is indeed a joke… pandemic rune feels so weak because of it

casters are punished anyways. absolutely zero weapon enchants that are usable this phase melee have agi str etc

technically, yea… practically though? nah.
righteous orbs are no longer available, so that means no crusader enchants.
agi and str weapon enchants will literally set you back hundreds if not thousands of gold, so no, they’re not really as available as you think they are.

the fact you can’t get a similar one as caster is a blessing in disguise, yeah it sucks you don’t get one, but look at it this way; no raid leader is going to nag about you missing an enchant… you don’t have to get one to compete in parsing…

you think its great having to get a million mandatory enchants and consumables to compete as a melee class? brooooo, try playing one and see how much you like being perpetually broke.

got a new weapon upgrade from the raid? well, that’s gonna set you back a minimum of 50g - and thats for the crappy fiery weapon enchant… god forbid you actually want a good enchant.