AH Bot has been online for 5 months, unpunished

Everyone knows Blizzs cares more about Classic than retail.

1 Like

Ive been reporting the Bots daily now 3 months, I have an alt on them, I even got a nice mail in post thanking me, next day whole group still there, Tarren Mill daily Booty Bay on our RP server.

2 Likes

Content is so dry players are creating alts to farm bots and report them :smiley:

2 Likes

You have to use real money at least once for any new license before you can receive gold in-game via mail or trade. To gift something to a BattleTag friend, you must have been friends for at least three days. Blizzard must have some kind of system in place to monitor such activities because they are obliged to prevent people from exploiting their systems for money laundering purposes.

So, accounts that are moving huge amounts of gold are probably suspicious and, accounts that gift stuff at an increased frequency must be flagged for close and continuous monitoring by their system(s). So, I doubt that gold farmers are making most of their money doing this. WoW Tokens are not at fault for the increase in botting or bots not getting banned.

1 Like

I never said that the tokens were to blame as such, just that they could be used by them to some extent. If it wasn’t tokens it would be something else, the botters will always find ways around things. Before tokens for example i imagine thier were a lot more hacked accounts.

What i meant with the gifting is that they could use one account to gift to a new account, then use the new account to gift to another new account, then that account to another account and the chain continues. So the gifting limit per account doesn’t get met. Honestly i don’t know if that’s possible, wa sjust a theory. But if each buy one sub wouldn’t that count as a purchase on a new license? By the time they got caught they would of farmed enough gold and sold it to make that back.

I agree that Blizz will have systems in place but so do the bots. They can create new accounts and farm enough gold to earn money just as quickly as Blizz bans them.

Ever seen the bots muitboxing druids in Bastion? There’s loads of them and actually detect when you try to report them. if you target them they stealth or logout out immediately so you loose target and then can’t do the right-click > report on them. :thinking:

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying. But…

If one account is used to feed another account, and so on. They probably get flagged as being “suspicious”.

My point is, the WoW Token is not at fault for the increase in gold farm botting. Blizzard may not really care about bots in WoW. But they must have systems in place to prevent people from laundering money by exploiting their pseudo “Money Conversion Services” system, being the WoW Token and Battle.net currency. Or they will get in a lot of trouble with the Governments of the different countries where they have HQs. And these anti-money laundering systems prevent the gold farmers from doing what you suggested, using WoW Token and Battle.net Currency.

But they can still sell gold the old way.

1 Like

you make the mistake of assuming when blizz tell you the account has been actioned, that it actually has been actioned or what action was taken.

If an account is banned, does it matter if you tell other players in the game that it has been banned? its banned, never to be played again. What would it matter if you knew a banned account was banned?
They wont tell you what action has been taken because you could easily follow up and see if theyre lying or not, thus exposing their lies about taking action against bots.

I see no reason not to tell you the name on the account and what action is taken against them. Id also like to know how many times, if an account has an action against it previously, that account has been punished before.
Thisd keep blizz compliant with its own rules, see if we can trust its word.

1 Like

So they use the gold earned from botting to buy game time. Rest of the gold they sell. Yeah, don’t see a problem there…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.