AH Bot has been online for 5 months, unpunished

We all know Blizz doesn’t do much about botting. But I’ve been witnessing an auction house bot going on for at least 18 hours a day (I am of course not getting up in the middle of the night to check on it), for 5 months straight.

This bot logs in in Booty Bay, posts, and logs out after 1m24s-1m26s. Every 4th login it stays online a bit longer, as it does a cancel scan, opens the mail and reposts. My guess is that the time it spends offline (around 2 minutes), it does the same thing in another server.

Also, every month, it creates another character (maybe he swaps accounts?) and continues going on. Every time he does so, I’ve mailed hacks@blizzard.com with a very detailed report on it… Yes, 5 mails in total.

Recently I started afresh to another completely server, went to Booty Bay, and guess what? It took me five minutes to notice ANOTHER BOT doing exactly the same! This one takes longer to relog into the server, so I guess it is doing the same in 3-4 servers at a time.

With all the tech avaiable at blizzard, how on Earth is it possible that a buttload of bots, swapping servers at a regular time schedule, doing the same thing for at least 18h a day nonstop, go unbanned for 5 months? (or even more, who knows)

It is freaking sickening

11 Likes

Might be different for Classic but I reported a AH bot on a Sunday, and the following Wednesday I received a in-game mail from Blizzard saying that action has been taken.

Never saw that character online again

6 Likes

Why would they do anything? You guys buy Wow Token, bots earn money to buy them from you.

4 Likes

Lucky you. I don’t know what to do anymore :frowning:

1 Like

Wait, why would bots generate gold only to buy tokens from the auction house?

1 Like

So you’ve spent the last 5 months playing 18 hours a day?

Man, when I was younger these were the days… of course the game was much better back then but still. Play until the early hours, get up for school like a zombie, weekend comes, play 20 hour days. Ahhh… now I play 2 or 3 hours a day if Im lucky.

7 Likes

Because that fits the justification narrative. Catch up!

4 Likes

It doesn’t take “playing 18 hours a day” to check the game every once in a while and see that your chat box is spam with the bot going online and offline.

4 Likes

they pay for accounts thus they arent bots, havent you learnt that yet?
nothing will be done so just ignore it and move on or delete your account and hit blizzard where it actually hurts them.

2 Likes

Blizzard needs to keep the ‘active monthly users’ as high as possible as the transaction with microsoft is likely based off of monthly recurring revenue. Therefor I doubt they will ban ANYONE in the upcoming 2 years. All abroad the bot train!

2 Likes

Wait, what do you get when you buy Wow Token?

1 Like

gold from bots converted to wow tokens is actually a decent way to make a living in countries where wages are very very low.

3 Likes

And how you convert tokens into money for living? :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I’m guessing bots farm/play the AH for gold. Buy token convert to gold and then sell that gold via Sus sites for IRL money
FISHY!

NVM, I forgot how tokens work and I’m tired :smiley:
Carry on peeps

2 Likes

Fair enough.

2 Likes

I do often report cheating and bots in WoW and in most case do I get a mail from blizzard that the report did lead to actions!

3 Likes

Explain, please.
Not the part about the wages being low in some countries but the part about “gold from bots converted to wow tokens is actually a decent way to make a living”.

How do they make real-life profits from converting the gold they accumulate into WoW Tokens?

2 Likes

Yeah, right. It does not make sense. There’s no way, they are converting their gold into Battle.net currency and then letting it sit there.

And, if they were actually doing this to buy and sell Acti-Blizzard’s games by exploiting the gift function, that would be sketchy as fudge, especially, if they are using it at a frequency that would allow them to generate a decent income. Also, I’m pretty sure there’s a limit on how many gifts from the store you can send using Battle.net currency per month or something too.

Personally, I always thought, the most rational thing the gold farmers would do, was to sell their gold directly to their buyers because it makes the most sense.

2 Likes

You get to choose between Game Time or Battle.net Currency.
The Currency is bound to the account that uses the WoW Token, and it cannot be cashed out and is not refundable in any way. You still can buy and gift games from the store using the currency but I’m pretty sure there’s a limit on how often you can gift games using the Battle.net currency. The games you purchase, get added to your library. Same with the gifting system, the gifted game gets added to the recipient’s library.

2 Likes

Would that not enable them to then buy tokens with gold, exchange to b-net currency, gift a copy of the game to another account and use the other account to also bot and then gift another new account with the game… and so on. A never ending cycle? So even if they did get an account banned they could just keep creating accounts for free basically.

Sure they will buy tokens form the AH to pay for subscriptions too to run the botting accounts for free.

3 Likes