[A/H] Looking for an active social guild

Hi

Ever since I joined the game, up until BFA, I’ve always been in a raiding guild. Cutting edge-hardcore, semi-hardcore, social raiding guilds, I’ve seen the rise and fall of many.
So many in fact that I’ve come to sincerely believe that most guilds revolve entirely around those two or three evenings of raiding, and I’ve found this especially true : the more recent the expansion, the more dead the guild is outside of those raiding hours.
I mean , in TBC you could almost not get a moment of silence in guild chat, whereas now, I’ve come to find myself lucky to have another person online in guild, nevermmind that he or she says anything in guild chat.

That is until today, when a good friend convinced me that there are exceptions to this. That there are still truly active guilds out there.

So , please let me explain what I’m looking for.
I’m looking for an English or Dutch/Flemish-speaking guild that is actually active throughout the day.
It would be nice if I got to partake in more than just the usual guild raid - not that I look down on em, it’s just… I’ve been in so many guild raids already… - some kind of guild activity, but again, it would just be nice, that’s all.
I’m looking for an … open guild, as in, not a “tight group of IRL 5-man”-guild. With active guild chat.
I know most guild activity is done mostly in discord nowadays and I’m certainly willing to use discord, no problem, but there are those moments where you’re just lazy, or you’re listening to music, and in those moments I just love myself a bit of guild chat banter and chuckling. :slight_smile:

Now let me tell me something about myself.
I’m 32, live in Belgium, speak 3 languages fluently (Dutch, French & English), I’m single, and I have been playing wow since mid-TBC, with a few breaks here and there (pandaria mostly).
I’m a very chill guy, really easygoing, 100% dedicated.
Now though, with the coronacrisis going on, I’ve been working from home since April last year, so that’s almost a year now, with no end in sight yet, and honestly, it’s beginning to feel lonely in here.
And that’s why I would appreciate a truly active guild, so that I can read the guild banter and at least be among people again. :slight_smile:
Ofc I am willing to raid, but it’s just my main focus anymore. Being part of an active guild banter is. Other than that, my main daily activities are mostly just doing m+ with the very few ingame friends that I have.

I’m currently leveling a Lightforged Draenei Protection Paladin (Alliance) on the Stormscale server and my main is a Blood Elf Holy Paladin, also on Stormscale, but money isn’t an issue to me so faction, race and server changes are no problem at all.
If you’re interested in having me, please contact me here: Ultravolta#2149
As Kelani (streamer and youtube wow content creator) says it so nicely: “… and I hope to see you soon!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey there buddy,

i know that feel. Playing this game for 16years now, and at some point you have seen everything. The normal Endgame Content gets somewhat boring and you are missing the good old Times where you just did stupid stuff in this beautiful world with some friends.

If you don’t mind playing Undead and naming your Character a variaton of “Abomination” i am pretty sure we can offer what you are looking for. :slight_smile:

We have about 20-40 (peaked to 90) people online. But don’t worry, its no typical mass guild! Everyone knows everyone and we are all really helpful and nice to eachother. Since we get new member on a daily basis we don’t have the typical “5-IRL-Friends-Circle”. Our Guildchat and our Discord is pretty chatactive since we have always something to do together. We run dungeons, we raid (yes, as undead only), we do RBGs but most importantly we just play together. And if its a Raid to Stormwind, we will Raid stormwind. Normally we have atleast 1 big event each week.

Last week we did an Gurubashi-Fistfight. The week before we did an Hide & Seek with pretty huge gold prices. Every few month we host a little Transmog-Competition with around 40 People attending. And if we don’t do stuff like that, we are normally recording for a new YouTube Video.

So, thats just a small screen of what we do. If i sparked your interest make sure to visit us on Discord and just chat with the people there, if you like.

Hope to see you soon too. :slight_smile:

Here are some more infos:

Hey man, we’ve got a nice tight knit guild on Draenor, Horde side. We’re a talkative bunch, where as you said there’s indeed alot of activity on Discord but there’s also plenty of banter ingame.
The “problem” with ingame chat is that people get (understandably) less talkative when they’re actually doing content ingame, as it’s hard to have a conversation in guild chat when you’re pushing a 10+ key for example.

That said, as long as nobody is committed to anything ingame they have to focus on, people are talkative and responsive.

Currently we don’t have room for an extra healer in our core raid team, but we do stuff outside of our regular raid days as well (alt/social member runs, play other games as a group on offdays, …)
If that’s something that sounds good to you, feel free to have a look at our recruitment topic:

Hello o/

I’m sure I don’t compare an inch, tooth or nail when it comes to the other guys that’ve replied to your post as I’m a much newer and more recent player, however I have made a guild that mostly focuses on the social aspect of the game (after all it is an MMO). The Guild’s pretty fresh so we don’t have many members or a raiding team (yet) but as a guy that usually runs around and strikes conversations with random people in the world, I think our guild will fit your criteria pretty well :smiley: We’re out here trying to make friends to play the game in an enjoyable way that doesn’t just focus on progressing cutting-edge :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we are the home you are looking for, Soical active and people centric. take a look at us and feel free to /msg me with any questions.

we sound like a good fit for what your looking for check out our post below and hit me up on bnet or discord if u wanna chat

Thanks

Hi there
Check out our link below and see if we are what you are looking for.

Hi mate,

Were a new pvp focused/social guild. Were still recruiting active members. Myself and a couple of others are active most evenings.

You might be looking for a more active guild at the moment but there is always a space with us for people whatever your game interests with wow are pvp/pve/leveling all is good with us. Just trying to build an active community of guys who play together and enjoy wow together!

If the guild doesn’t suite pal you are still more than welcome to join our discord chat and play with us whenever! :blush:

Find me or the guild ingame bro :+1:

Scions of Winter
Argent Dawn EU
Hord

Hope to catch you in game/discord pal!

My discord manxofxarb#2551