[A/H-RP] Kalimdor Rumour Mill - Revival

The Warlord set out from Camp Ataya in northern Feralas in the early morning, the heavy rain that often covered the land provided some help for the Blackrock to hide himself from the night elves at Dreamer’s Rest.

A lonely stag sought shelter from the rain under the canopy of a large tree near the road. It thought itself save until an orcish axe was brought down upon its neck.

The head of that same stag was mounted atop a crude spear at the ruins of Oneiros. A simple warning to the night elves of troubles to come.

3 Likes

It seems that internal division has started to take its toll amidst the war-torn night elves and their allies. Yesterday evening, a worgen was allegedly attacked by a pale elf of nondescript garb, right in the middle of Astranaar. The assailant is said to have imbibed poison before the detaining sentinels could begin questioning him.

Rumours and hearsay claim that he was on the payroll of some Highborne noble, and that the assassination attempt was of personal nature. Though his supposed self-slaughter indicates an underlying religious zeal below the fracas…

To add to these troubles, a priestess and a huntress were seen leaving the town early the following morning. Hours later, scouts reported having found the priestess dead in a grove, mutilated from several cuts and bruises.

The huntress’ tracks were reported to be leading away from the scene, but she have yet to been found, or shown up in any of the other sentinel outposts scattered across Ashenvale, leading some to question whether they have an infiltrator in their ranks.

If anyone wants more information to any of these, for characters who may be privy to sensitive details, such as higher ranking sentinels or watchers, feel free to get in touch!

6 Likes

A broken crate with the Horde’s sigil is left near the bridge overlooking Feathermoon Stronghold. Within are several necklaces of orcish make adorned with wolves’ teeth and a finely crafted wolf’s head at the center made from thorium. A note is pinned on the crate written in common saying the following:

"CONTENTS TO BE DELIVERED TO CAMP MOJACHE."

3 Likes

The drums echo far and wide across the barrens, smoke rising high into the air as the setting of the sun begins. Chanting and song can be heard from as far away as the crossroads and the earth rumbles gently with the movement of numerous kodo arriving from far and wide.

Atop the summit of the sacred mountain, a great plume of fire rises high into the sky and the last son of the Palehide tribe prepares himself for the night to come.

2 Likes

A druid clad in the usual uniform of the Black Moon Army spots the crate on his way back to the Stronghold. After the cautious opening and attempt to detect any foul magic upon the crate itself and the trinkets within, he the requests the same to be done by a priestess. After confirming its harmless properties, he takes it into the grand tree within the Stronghold, not to be seen again for a couple of hours.

Around the 8th bell in the evening, a brandnew crate with the same original note is placed near the bridge overlooking Feathermoon Stronghold. It is a little less heavy than before.

3 Likes

As the Tauren moot drew to an uncomfortable close late into the evening of the final day of the week, the caravans and individuals waited til morning to disperse back into the lowlands and return to their territories or into the wilds.

As An’she rose above the crests of the mountains to begin a new day, one camp did not stir. Noon arrived and still no movement from within any of the tents or around the central fire that they had been assembled.

Upon investigation, neighbouring Tauren found that the inhabitants of this particular camp slain in their bed rolls, blood soaked into the dusty earth they had set themselves upon. Each tent revealed the same story, young and old, male or female, none had survived the night and had been cut down silently.

In the central tent however, no corpse was there to be found and instead there were signs of a struggle and at it’s centre the flag of the Horde hung from the roof beam, drenched in blood. At the back of the tent stood a lone totem, abandoned in the struggle. It was decorated with symbols and lines of varying colours, with a bear paw carved at it’s peak.

This was the tent of Akamito Palehide, Storyteller and caller of the moot that had just the evening before caused so much ruckus and lead to the death of one of it’s attendees. Now, the pale one was nowhere to be seen and his small band of followers no longer of this world.

6 Likes

In the far Southern tip of the Barrens, nested in an abandoned Quillboar hive, lies the broken remnants of a large scorched encampment. It is not a new site, in-fact it is quite old and scavengers, both beast and mortal, have picked the ruins clean long ago. What remains is scattered fabric, burnt-out shaped wood and gunpowder residue. There are places where great fires have clearly burnt and ashes are all that is left. One such surviving piece of fabric shows a depiction of a bull, a Tauren, with great and glistening horns blackened by soot.

There are no bodies, not any more, and the hoofprints or footprints have been washed away like the blood of those who have died here.

An old notice in Desolation Hold, Southern Barrens, reads:

“Tauren of the Proudhorn Tribe spotted migrating into nearby territory. Allegiance unknown. Threat, small.”

A later notice:

“Proudhorn Tribe destroyed. Likely causes: Centaur, Quillboar, Night Elves(?). More scouting needed. Threat, none.”

A small campfire crackles in the cool Barrens night. Around it three Tauren, three Proudhorn, perhaps the last. There is a wolf also and a kodo. They avoid the roads by day and do their best to evade watching eyes from both the Horde and the Alliance.

Steadily, slowly, the survivors move South and then West. They leave few hoofprints to mark their passing.

The last of their kind, migrating again.

7 Likes

A Black Empire.

And many gale winds of Kalimdor.

They soar across the ancient homeland of the Kaldorei and the Shu’halo.

They whisper, but their voices are not their own. Haunted, enslaved.

Just as they were before the so called ‘Titans’ arrived.

They whisper, their voice is an amalgamation of three: A female Kaldorei, a male Orc, and a Faceless. The Old One plays a game:

“The Kaldorei abandoned me.”
“But in their absence, other voices whispered.”
“They have come to me offering a gift.” THRUM!
“In return, I would become the Harbinger of their Fury.”

You hear the frenzied drums of the Moonkin Tribes as they closely follow such three-voiced whisper.

Then you hear the furious howls of the Furbolg Tribes.

A pawn she has become. But to who? The savage tribes or the Black Empire?

To Nature the Unrestrained, or to Void the Unbound?

It matters not; she has returned, and so the conservative and peaceful ones among the Shu’halo and the Kaldorei will cringe.

The moonkin rejoice, and the furbolgs cheer.

Her trials along the path of Archdruids are complete.

The Mystic of the Moonkin Tribes.
The Fury of the Furbolg Tribes.
THe Beast of the Black Moon.

Whether you are Horde or Ny’alothan.

Her dark eyes will find you.

Her tribal flames will claim you.

And her jaws will crush your spine.

Or will she? Begone, foul and corrupted winds, you are but lies woven and converted by N’zoth. Or are you? Nothing is certain, the Deep One rises, and for now, reality and illusion meld into one.

3 Likes

A notice is posted on various boards across the woodlands of the Kaldorei as well as in Moonglade

EAGER APPRENTICE LOOKING FOR TUTOR OR TUTORS TO SUPPLEMENT DRUIDIC TRAINING

Following the unfortunate death of my Shan’do, I am looking to continue my training as soon as possible under the wings of an experienced druid (or multiple) able to instruct me on an ad-hoc basis.

While I have learned the foundations, in these trying times it is urgent that I continue this study that I might be found useful to our devastated homeland.

Primarily my passion is focused in the ways of mending and restoration, but I fully understand that my tutelage will require looking at more combat orientated skill sets given recent events.

What I lack in raw power, I assure you I make up for in diligent study, quick grasp of concepts and passion. I promise to be an attentive and loyal pupil for the duration of time that you are able to spare for me.

Signed,

Turenthil Winterwind

Hey ya’ll, it’s your boy Akamito here on my Night Elf that I am now playing for the foreseeable. I am hoping to spark up some light and occasional RP, given my limited in-game time with some fellow druids who can help instruct and shape this young and naive apprentice!

No long-term commitment necessary required, it will likely be something once a week or even less for an hour or so. Not restricting this to just one person either, I’d like to interact with as many people as possible for both IC variety and just to meet cool druid RPers!

Hit me up either by reply here or grab me on discord (Talberry#6717).

<3

4 Likes

After being let to run rampid for a while now, the band of elunite radicalists have been caught and brought into capture. It’s been rumoured that they’re currently being held within Feralas until further notice.

It still remains to be seen whether this butchering has been brought to an end, reports are still coming in about rogue elves following the idealistic view of this priestess. One casualty has been found so far, severly wounded and bed bound fortunate enough to escape the grasp of death.

Happy to be poked for roleplay regarding this, if you want to communicate with the priestess character in jail or find the wounded elf. You’re free to react to rogue elves at your leisure!

3 Likes

After a few weeks or even months of expressed interest by Watcher Oakheart. She’s now sent out word between her kin, more in particular the Wardens seeking to join their ranks.

1 Like

In the moonlight of the 14th a cadre could be seen departing Feathermoon, having taken time to talk with a certain zealot Priestess beforehand and were now heading for Karnum’s Glade… for what reason or how long? Anyones guess.

3 Likes

Reports may have reached some within Camp Mojache and the Tower of Estulan of a small number of Grimtotem bodies being found next to the main pathway through the region. On top of this, it seems the Grimtotem in the region may be on the warpath, looking for someone or something.

The Ogres of Stonemaul Hold seem to have had a reason to celebrate recently and were likely to be heard by many only a night or two ago as they revelled for reasons only known to them.

Through all this, a small number of Tauren quietly plod along through the forest on their Kodo’s, setting up discrete camps and blending into the forest underbrush as best they can.

4 Likes

A Pandaren male wanders through the forests of Feralas on his way to Feathermoon. He finally sees an opening in the trees after a long days trek he makes his way to the large stronghold. He walks up to the inn and sits in the comfort of the welcoming place, drinking tea and sharing tales of long ago to anyone who would gladly listen.

I’ve just arrived in Feathermoon if you see me say hi!

3 Likes

Something have stirred the restless dead of Eldre’thalas. Previously tied to the lower catacombs, whatever had bound these spirits to the bowels of the city is now broken, causing them to surface amidst the ruins above. Ogres, elves, treasure hunters - there is little discrimination in regards to who they assault. Surely there are those who would reward any efforts in removing this infestation of ghosts.

Some unforeseen consequences to an event!
If anyone wants to take up on it, feel free to do so.
Alternatively, I can provide the DMing. Just hit me up in game, if anyone is interested!

4 Likes

A number of Tauren can be seen making their way into Mulgore.

Some say there is a great gathering of the Shu’halo upcoming, others are of the opinion it is nothing more than the nomadic wanderings that their people are so well known for.

Some individuals in particular are seen stopping to pick Corn Pollen from land blessed by the Earth Mother and placing it into pouches.

2 Likes

Around the Sentinel Stronghold of Feathermoon suddenly more then the amount of normal flowerbushes and colorfull plants seem to be popping up as if somebody was growing them for the preperation of something big. If not it looks very lively more then usual!

3 Likes

"Rumours are spreading between the locals and the travellers concerning a priestess, who has notably claimed authority at Feathermoon Stronghold and has the support of her entourage. Witnesses have seen the priestess ordering and even recently banning visitors as well as unaffiliated locals off the premises. A druid has proclaimed that the priestess in question has been arrested before due to this disdainful practice in Ashenvale four years ago (https: //www. argentarchives. org/node/184898).

One can hear a low, disapproving murmur within the community of such conduct."

2 Likes

The Handmaidens of Elune have gone into Haitus, the leader taking leave to Winterspring while other remaining sisters tend to their own duties across Azeroth. Niamh’s mate, Hedris Mistoak, has taken stewardship of Isildien to maintain it in their absense, forming the Feralas Waykeepers to keep the dream alive, and to gather other likeminded folk to make a new home in Feralas.

The Inside of the temple has remained unchanged for the most part, the Handmaiden Banner still hangs suspended over the well, the incense burners sit in place creating a welcoming aroma, and the cushions scattered around the well itself are all present, if maybe a little less organised. outside the temple however, the entrance is flanked by two new banners, the Waykeepers banners. an ancient Isildien symbol from the fallen cities old inhabitants.

cough more info here cough

7 Likes

Three blood elves appeared through a portal close to Feathermoon, bound in chains. They were quickly taken into custody by the local Sentinels, where they remain under scrutiny.

Some time later during the same evening, their captors presented themselves in the Stronghold: A watcher and a huntress, who claims to have been working together to foil a hostile incursion into Eldre’thalas. The interrogation of the blood elves are well underway, the sentinels determined to get to the bottom of the situation.

If your character is of higher rank in the Sentinels, or the Watchers, feel free to get in touch with me in-game. They would undoubtedly have access to excerpts from the hearings with the prisoners, and other information regarding this plot.

4 Likes