I wonder if anyone has followed my old Twitter account, @Arakkoa? I used to have a few connections, even including some Blizzard people, and we had quite the group going. Unfortunately, the power/spectacle creep got the better of me and the adventures there got a bit… out of hand, so we did one last hurrah and pretty much quit.
But I thought it was a really cool concept that I don’t really see realized on our servers, and definitely not Alliance side. For those who did not follow @Arakkoa, here’s the concept.
Verroak Krasha is an old arakkoa druid. He’s cynical, sarcastic, irreverent. He got his fame bad mouthing various big personas on Azeroth and Draenor (and quickly backing off when they got angry). Most importantly - he’s rather evil. See, he’s a druid only because of our classifications, but his form of druidism is far… darker. Yes, he uses nature magic and can do a little shapeshifting, but he’s more of a mad scientist who toys with life and death magic (and even learned a little bit of arcane - in multiclassing, he’d have a level or two in mage). But he’s old and not very physically capable, so needs minions and mercenaries to do his bidding.
The Tower of Krasha is going to be his hand on Azeroth. The people who are going to hunt for artifacts and rare ingredients for coin and don’t ask twice what their boss is going to do with it. That is not to say they’re evil. There is definitely place for good characters - and I expect some in-character drama about various means we’re up to.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT THE GUILD IDEA
- Morally dubious. We’re going to do a little bit of good, little bit of bad. We’re doing tasks for a mad scientist, who is not an enemy of all life.
- Dice Master. Apparently some people really hate this add-on, but I find it a very useful tool for, at the very least, graphical aid.
- Powerful characters. Yes, we’re just minions, but I like being able to do something cool and not be always hampered by bad rolls. Whether we’ll do it with large bonuses to rolls through DiceMaster traits or by “feat points” you can spend every once in a while to do something cool will be decided with the members.
- Characters are most important. I always liked mentioning my character’s personal stories in the background. I want to do something akin to Mass Effect “loyalty missions” where we get to do something for each other every once in a while.
- Balance of combat and social events. I’d like to conduct at least one combat and one social event in a week. For example, Monday at 8 PM we do a combat/story mission about either a task from Verroak or someone’s loyalty mission. On Thursday at 9 PM or Saturday we do a more social gathering where we get to know each other and have fun together. The exact times will be selected together.
- No “DM PC”. Okay, I will have a character with you at all times, but I’m not the (in-character) party leader by default. We will elect our officers and IC party leaders democratically. (I will stay the in-game group leader for mechanics purposes). So you may be picked to decide what we do and how we achieve our goals, and you ask the DM to (OOC) respond to your queries.
The guild is already set up as “Tower of Krasha”, hosted on the Sha’tar server. If you have questions, you can ask them here or add my BattleTag Kalontas#2949 and ask me there.
I hope to touch on some aspects I do not see other guilds doing, and give us some space that we are sorely lacking, like a more active, mercenary minded Alliance RP guild.