AH why to people keep lowering prices, make no sense

As per title, why to people post at a lower price, makes no sense. You sell first at the same price.

Makes for items being sold consistently lower than they should be.

For example

https://i.imgur.com/dFHLUpa.png

5 Likes

They want to sell it for that level, if you won’t then don’t, it’s a free market.

8 Likes

People lower prices to sell their item. Its a competitive market, feel free to buy the cheep ones and relist them as more

9 Likes

But it is stupid to do so, you sell first at the same price. So why lower

There is a limited buying market, people buy the cheapest, come on it’s so simple and you can’t figure it out?

9 Likes

But YOU sell first at the same price…if that is the price then you sell it at that, lowering it makes no sense at all. You must be stupid to lower it (and it seems many players are)

3 Likes

I’ll always buy the cheapest, why wouldn’t I? Also there has been many times I’ve not bought something because its too high I price and I’ll wait for it to come down

5 Likes

People lower price if item isn’t selling, why is that stupid?

Stop being butthurt about being undercut

2 Likes

Who said it isnt selling?

Item was selling at 3.5K. People just need to realise that you sell first at the lowest price, there is no need to lower.

I don’t like it when in the pic someone undercuts by one copper, I would buy the one that’s a copper higher on purpose.

Then why are you complaining, you got more gold than them.

2 Likes

Because it makes no sense lowering the price. People need to stop and think.

Why does it not make sense to lower the price?

If an item is up for 2500 gold and you post at 2500 gold, you sell first. If you post for 2499 gold you sell first.

Does it makes sense to lower (if the item is selling?)

(No is the answer btw.)

3 Likes

I always thought the one that has been there the longest sold first?

nope , the most recent

1 Like

Yes it does make sense.

If you post an item at 2500g and I want to sell the same item, if its not a super rare item, I’m going to undercut a bit to sell mine first.

Thats business

1 Like

The item that was posted first sells, it’s called undercutting you just post an item and yours is first to sell.

There is complete no reason to post for lower.

1 Like

No it doesn’t work that way, when you post an item with the same price it still goes first to be bought. There is completely no reason to post for less.

4 Likes

So what if you post at 2500 and someone else posts 50 straight after, yours will go back in the queue and be 51, put it on for 2490 and yours is first again.

1 Like