Aids-inducing affixes

as if it wasn’t enough to combine Fortified AND Bolstering the week before this one, now it’s gonna be Fortified AND Raging. LIKE WTF!! Fortified already hard as it is, but no, lets make it interesting, they gonna bolster now too!! Plus the Afflicted affix that only specific classes can deal with. Like can we get ONE week in fortified when the mobs don’t empower themselves somehow… At this rate I’d even trade back Quaking instead of this vomit-inducing BS

1 Like

afflicted might be the easiest affix of them all. it takes 1 gcd to deal with lol

raging is clapping though

2 Likes

Druid week

2 spawn? and you have just used your gcd for another dispell.

afflicted is fine but why is there no better solution than enabling friendly minion nameplates??? its utter aids when you have a demo lock in group. i dunno who made this affix but you should really hire a new dev. So much fun trying to target something WITH SCUFFED NAMEPLATES… I have no idea how this passed on ptr as “a good idea” but please fix by either making the mob stand out and giving it an ID so we can make a plater profile.

lmao how is running away from a tentacle harder than having a group where only a few can deal with this crap? It’s crap… they should remove it or give everyone an ability to deal with this

are you playing alone?

both are uncredible easy.

the vines cost me a gcd and so is afflicted and incorporeal. all 3 are the same for me.
I can deal with it well on my brewmaster.
incorp and entangling on my hunter was a non affix and on afflicted hunter cannot help but still no issue as thsre are 4 other spaces in the grp. didnt feel any difficulty to make a group…
warriors are just generally useless and wl are mostly bad players that do no dmg, so no matter the affix they have a hard time getting invited.
dk is quite meh as well and also has nothing to do with affix.

why did people never complained about bursting, raging or even br and bloodlust?
i mean all those things exclude certain specs

1 Like

ever tried VP on 22? highly doubt it. After the first double pack where idiots always lust and waste half of it running away from AoE, there’s this spiral pathway down where there’s 2 separate packs of elementals that idiotic tanks love to doublepull in pugs. These ones charge to you and give you a very fat dot. If you dont dispell the fat dot instantly, people will die. waste it on affix - people will die. let the affix through, people will die. As a healer, It’s the most BS affix I’ve ever seen so far. if you have heavy unavoidable damage, liek that golem in Uldaman with pulsing AoE, good luck keeping people alive if you have to spend time targeting it and then spend global to cleanse it. Same for 1st packs in HoI. you just cannot afford to waste 2 seconds to deal with it coz some1 will die. If there was one of them to spawn always, it would be manageable, but TWO? GTFO blizzard!

Sure, you can argue that others can do it too. But they usually don’t and every1 is real quick to point finger at healer. Such BS

2 Likes

basically you are saying your group is dumb and thats why the affix is bad?
how does that even make sense?

aside from that i never said it is a healers job, in fact i think it everone else job because the healer dispel is needed in many situations.
problem is just that dps are not doing anything useful most of the time, but that is not blizz fault

just like 99% of players answr is most likely … no

and nobody really cares what happens in 22+

as it hsould be because tyrharding should never have any affect on game as whole.

its much more important how it affects difficulties like 11-17 .

1 Like

But that’s not the Affix fault, that’s as you just said “idiotic tanks” fault.

I would say that the Charge Dot is the BS part, based on how often they do that, specially the pack before the bridge, where you have two of them by default, you can only dispell one anyways, second charge will always kills someone.

Truth is that healers got a lot of dispells already in the game. For this affix you need to build a group with 3 dispellers. I have my doubts about that design.

There’s not much wrong with the double soldier-charge. You can dispel one and the other needs to defensive and/or potion. Or you get timers on nameplates and pre-stun the 2nd. Highly recommanded on +22 keys.

True, but then again i have seen a lot of people keeping there defensives for like the next Expansion, Pala’s dying without using Bubble for example, is a classic.

I mean the Dispell part is not wrong, but for the most part that excludes only a few classes, given how popular certain classes are anyways, it almost has to be on pupose to NOT have Dispells with all the other Utility like BR and BL.

Which will lead to most often still having 1 or 2 Slots open for Classes who do not have said utility.

The game can’t be designed to let people make tons of mistakes on high keys, of course :slight_smile:

I think it is just too easy to end up in groups without any. Especially when you just play with friends and communities. You take the player not the class. I hate to say no to people just by the spec they play.
Everyone ends up here or there this week in pretty terrible situations and experiences. Just by the group composition :frowning:

(My example of a yesterday run:
https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/season-df-2/7264280-12-the-underrot
)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.