Alchemy, Basic Phial Experimentation fails every time

Rather than post, “I’ve had 8 failed experiments in a row”, I’ll post why I believe Alchemy profession is badly impliemented.

1. Alchemy is the only Primary crafting profession that is an almost completely consumable based profession, more akin to cooking than Tailoring/Blacksmithing/Enchanting etc. yet unlike cooking (A seconday profession) where reciepes are gained via “craft this enough, to discover this” or Tailoring which is “Specialize into this, to discover this”. Alchemy is purely RNG based on “IF you discover something and WHAT you discover”. Completely non deterministic, which I thought Dragonflight was moving away from.

2. The 4 hour (2 hours with advanced) cooldown. A person working an 8 hour shift with 30 minute travel, 8 hours sleep etc, on average will get you 2 sets of experiments per login (Week day) & 5 on a weekend. About 20 sets of experiments per week. As per this thread, people are getting 8,9, 10+ failed experiments with no rewards, meaning in a week you “might” get 2 new reciepes a week… All this assumes you login every day and remember to do every experiment… God forbid you want to enjoy other things in life and the game…

3. Combine the 2 points above with the fact players are often only after specific reciepes (For personal use), 1 potion & 1 phial (Mine as a Warlock are Potion of Power (Ultimate is a drop from Heroic/Mythic only) & Phial of Elemental Chaos), this leads to a very fustrating system, which the player has no control over…

What’s the big deal if an Alchemist has every potion & phial, they are consumables…

Getting talents seems unobtainable.

Please remove the cd, instead make failed experiments give an additional resource requirement, like 10% additional regents required pr. failed requirement for 1 hour or so, stacking.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.