Alchemy experimentation

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just supposed to be incredibly frustrating? I’ve specialized in alchemy mastery and taken the node to reduce risks, but for the last three 24-hour experiments, I’ve had explosions. Even with the shorter experiments, I still have around a 70% failure rate. And when I do succeed, I’m not getting any new recipes. Is there a trick I’m missing?

1 Like

It is just a frustrating , horrible mechanic.

2 Likes

Ye this is so bad, just had my 2 explosion in a row. =(

this mechanic is the worst thing invented in df professions, and it’s still terrible

1 Like

This seems much worse than Dragon Flight too. I have burned though a huge amount of herbs now. Skill at 90 with good profession tools and, I hardly know any actual potions/flasks. Rediculous.

1 Like

I also keep exploding all the damn time. It’s really frustrating. I’ve burned through so many herbs and haven’t gotten many recipes.

2 Likes

Exact same issue - bumping this

2 Likes

Literally spent 1 hour farming mats to do experiments and had 3 explosions 45min wasted with no return off the effort … who thought this was a good idea…

3 Likes

I thought the fix from the blue post were live now after the weekly reset but its not, exploded right away. -.-

I’d say, just stop doing it until the fix is live and hopefully we will see better results!

1 Like

This is terrible ATM, i’ve had 20 fails in a row.
What purpose does this system fufill, except to annouy players?

1 Like

Wild Experimentation = 50% BANG :grinning:

1 Like

I could live with 50%. As it is, it more feels like 90% BANG and 9.99% some moderately useful potion and may be 0.01% of an actual recipe. Tbh, Wild Experimentation seems like a total waste of herbs to me.

This is hands down the worst possible design for a profession, i done 30+ now Wild Experimentation with tier 3 regents and i haven’t gotten a single recipe at all so stupid…

Dont waste rank 3 mats. Just use cheap rank1 during questing, inbetween dungeons and you will have most of them in no time. My main is only missing one recipe from experimentations now, and my alts are on there way.

The 10 minute lock out is the best thing that they could have down for everyone you can play that much at the start.

You can only play two hours at the evening? In DF one failure would be the end for that day. Now you can have easily 8-10 failures during one evening.
It seems to me, that lot of people here on the forum just have the wrong expectation and want a new recipe right away. Just chill, you will get most recipes in no time.

Also it fits the profession fantasy and is unique. If you hate it so much (not speaking to anyone directly here), maybe choose another profession. Though, one compromise could be if you were able to buy them for a decent amount of Aritsan Acuity from some sort of Master Alchemist. Maybe some quest before that.
That way players could choose between cheap experiments (0 Acuity for wild) or expensive buying (75-100 Acuity) and the other experiment somewhere inbetween. I don´t know, whatever. Its not like the will change much now anyways.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.