Alienware aurora r15 keeps crashing in WoW and Diablo 4

I am really at the edge of dispair…. Since 14th of april i was getting wierd crashes in world of warcraft dragonflight (some times during world quests some times during raids, no pattern just randomly) with the error code “ERROR# 132 Fatal exeption!” Always the same error. I ignored it for a while but it became even more aggresive by each day passing . Diablo 4 released last night and sadly the same things started to happen again but this time also in Diablo 4(sometimes 1 second after logging sometimes after 1h and sometimes right when joining a party, without any error code just unexpected game shutdown like you would alt+f4 it.

I tryed everything in both games:

-Reinstalled the games / scan-repaired them, deleted all addons(wow)

-reinstalled all drivers -uninstalled antivirus programm (bitdefender) -reinstalled 2 times windows 11 -used all dell support asistance test- everything without any issues (gpu /cpu/memory/ssd tests, all passed without any issue.

• tested hardware with windows app , passed.

I have to mention that after the windows reinstallation the erros slowed down abit. I think… Sadly i couldnt contact dell due to bank-holiday until tuesday. The system is in warrenty still since it was bought in Feb.2023 and i have the 5 years premium support and i am sure they will replace any hardware with failure but does it sound as a hardware issue?

Dell Aurora r15 2023 specs:

Monitor: alienware 34 QD-oled

Cpu:

13thGen Intel(R) Core™ i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB Total Cache, 3.0GHz to 1 5.8GHz P-Core w/Intel Thermal Velocity Boost)

Gpu: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX™ 4090, 24GB GDDR6X

Memory: 64 GB, 2 X 32 GB, DDR5, 5200MHz, XMP

SSD: 2TB NVMe-M.2-PCIe-SSD

1 Like

You mentioned reinstalling Windows and drivers, just to make it clear that did you also update them? If you updated from Dell’s site you might also consider updating directly from nvidia/intel/etc where applicable to see if it makes difference.

Same goes for any Dell firmware and bios update there might be available.

I would also run a memory test, Windows Memory Diagnostic is probably good enough at the start to see if there are any problems (you should be able to find it from the start menu by just searching for memory diagnostic).

Error 132 is Addon issue Related, Or Out of Date drivers.

you’ve already done Fix 1 and it hasnt worked, so this isnt a Addon issue, its going to be down to your driver compability, have u downloaded Geforce expeirence from the Nvidia Website and updated ur cards.

D4 has a Driver u need to install for specifically, as i had to download this driver last night on my PC to get the game working.

download Geforce Expeirence from nvidia, make a account, Log in to it, press Check for Updates Download any updates that show up awaiting installation.

Another Fix i can think of

Disabling DVR in Xbox Settings on your PC, for some reason, i’ve seen this conflict with Windows and cause video card issues, and the Errors related to that are Error 132.

this happened in the Windows 10 Update, so could be fixed in Windows 11, but give it a check regardless.

Start → Xbox → Gears (Settings) → DVR → Disable it on there.

The last thing i could think of which may help figure out your issue would be

System file Scan, maybe somethings corrupted in ur Video card Settings / Software.

go to Start → Type CMD → go to Command Prompt → type sfc /scan now

If all else fails, try a Disc Fragmentation to see if a File has been misplaced or some part of Softwares gotten lost.

Disabling XMP from bios solved my problem.Playing for 2-3 hours got 0 error or crash.You can try that as well.

i have an update to this , the good news is dell just send a technician and changed my GPU with a new one 4090 rtx but sadly the issue still persists somehow this is really weird. what i noticed is that the the cooler starts random going up and down and i see on the task manager that there is not really a big usage in Diablo 4 and still getting crashes and get the wierd error code. 1AEA2C3D-73E3-41DC-AB75-69961C152038

I dont think its a hardware issue anymore having the GPU already replaced.

Any thoughts? should i change the cpu/memory also? or maybe hdd (ssd).

PS:i did check bios for XMP option , was disabled anyway.

I’ll just quote myself in case you still haven’t done this. Easy test and relatively reliable to rule out possible memory problems which can cause weird issue.

The “error code” you received looks more like report-id if you contact Blizzard’s tech support and they might be able to find the data about crash with it.

do you have any errors in windows event viewer?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.