Alleria-inspired customization for VE would be neat

I think the devs could add Alleria-inspired tattoos to Void Elves now that they started adding more options for allied races. Or just in general more options that are High Elf-inspired, like braided hair, face markings, tattoos, jewelry. I saw some fan sketches, they look amazing. So something reflecting them would be amazing and won’t hurt anybody!

3 Likes

If you are to follow forum guidelines which is to search for threads already about VE’s there is this post already :-

The Lack of Void Elf Customization Options - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Which even has blue’s in it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

They’re not really a Void Elf thing, or rather they -could- be, with a caveat.

Consider this, Alleria left Azeroth at the end of the Second War. Her look is a look that has nothing to do with Void Elves, who did not even exist until the end of Legion (We know this as she is present at Nether Prince Durzaan’s ritual.

Problem is, is that none of those things you list there are ‘High Elf Things’.

They’re Thalassian things, and if introduced to keep it all lore friendly, would have to be available to all three types of Thalassian Elf.

Especially as the only in Game NPC we see who has Ranger face markings left Azeroth before the Exile, there were no Blood Elves. First one Alleria would have met would have been Liadrin on the Vindicaar. Everyone was a High Elf when she left, Lor’themar, Liadrin, Kael’thas, Rommath

In fact the only Elf we see with Arcane Tattoos is Grand Magister Rommath, who is -definitely- a Blood Elf. We also saw on the original TBC box artwork that Kael’thas had them around his eyes.

We do see the Elven Ranger units in WC2 use warpaint, but the problem there, is that of those Rangers, 90% are dead due to the Scourge, of the survivors, 90% of -them- are Blood Elves. Meaning that out of the original population of Quel’thalas, only 1% would have had them, if as stated these were ‘High Elf things’.
Given that there are probably more Blood Elf Farstriders -alive- than there are High Elves in total, this makes no sense.

These are all Thalassian things, not High Elf things. So by all means, they could introduce these things, but they would need to also introduce them to Blood Elves in order for it to even make a modicum of sense. I mean sure, if everyone gets them, all cool and groovy.

Hmmm. Some are, some aren’t. Some are pretty stunning, but some just smack of ego-stroking. “Well of course High Elves would be more muscular than Blood Elves, because they’re Rangers whereas Blood Elves all live in Cities so a more pampered existence”

Absolute nonsense. Both Blood Elves and High Elves have Rangers, both have Mages, and of both races some live in Ranger Lodges, and Some in Cities.

If all Thalassians get them, then it will indeed not hurt anybody. If only Void/High Elves get them, that will indeed be grossly unfair, as well as making no actual in game sense.

So give them to all, I say. They were all the same people until Arthas rocked up!

6 Likes

you havent even got 9.1.5 out the door yet and ur already asking for more ?

4 Likes

I’m glad some minimal distance is kept in terms of looks between player characters and lore characters.

1 Like

Uh. If someone wants a specific thing that the patch doesn’t seem to deliver, they definitely can ask for it. I for example strongly agree with the OP that tattoos or face markings would be lovely to see.

More stuff is welcomed definitely, but should be Void themed more rather than High Elf stuff. That includes braids, yes, and tattoos that come in colors and shapes suitable for both Void and High Elf fans. Basically, the direction should be towards Void Corruption theme with an addition to High Elf fanbase. We’ve been discussing all of that in other threads as other person mentioned above. And I agree with Brigante, tattoos should be available to Blood Elves as well the moment Void Elves get them. Braids could be a nice texture option to replace the tentacles.

I’ve made a complete list of some popular requests and probably some I’d personally like to see:

imgur.com/gallery/AxtfkBH 

Please not another high elfer thread. Stop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.