Alliance or Horde

Hey I know about the faction disbalance but never changed to horde. I want to play pve in shadowlands so Im think now it’s the time to reroll. I tried doing a pug raid on alliance I still have a head ache from wiping from trash. Do you think going to horde for raiding and pve in general is a good idea or should i stay on alliance on my current server?

Let me try to clear up any “grass is greener” illusion you have, 'cos it will not serve you well.

You tried one PuG raid? One? And it failed? There’s a Preach video where he’s anonymous on a fresh account, trying to raid with a PuG. It didn’t go well - and of course as a world-class player, he would have been a major asset to the raid. Were you a major asset to the raid?

PuGs can be, and mostly are, pretty bad. For BOTH factions! Standard advice is to get a guild or community.

While Horde are more active, and therefore it’s easier to get groups, Horde is not a magic bullet for solving your progress ambitions. People can and do make great progress on both factions.

By all means, make a Horde on Draenor or Tarren Mill, where the action is, if you want to. Levelling has been so nerfed that levelling is not a thing any more.

But as always the keys to success in progress are:

1. Git a group and
  2. Git gud

not necessarily in that order.

When it comes to gitting gud, Teh Interwebz are full of information. Finding a group that is suitable for you, OTOH, is the hardest thing in WoW. You need to find people of about your skill level or a bit better who actively want to do content at about the same rate and at the same times you do.

These two communities have a good reputation for newcomers to raiding and M+

Alliance: (Alliance) Scared of Dungeons EU EN

Horde: [H] Zen Horde - Chilled PvE Community

and The Fail Train Discord is available for both factions:

Horde gives you more opportunities, but it’s not opportunities that will hold you back, because there are plenty Alliance-side as well.

It is the effort you put into working with a group, and into improving your play, that will get you into raiding and M+.

Like said above, Horde is not going to be any better for pugging than Alliance. It’s the same stuff on both sides. Horde is better if you want to raid in a top 100 guild, since there’s more competitive guilds on Horde. However, that is a large reach away from what you’re doing currently (which is pugs).

You’ll just have to try your luck with pugs if you want a good one. Or well, the good ones are usually the ones with the strictest requirements, so if you want a pug that accepts newer players then that’s where the real challenge comes from. If you lead a pug, you have the most control over it, and I’ve made multiple successful groups for my alts that needed to be boosted through raids for gear purely with pugs (actually, they very rarely fail, so that’s your best shot if you’re willing to go through it).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.