Alliance vs Horde: Which one is the worst according to you?

One of the worse and a genuinely bad thing the Alliance did is still the Taurajo massacre. But in the same consistency as Blizzard writes the Horde as villains, this has also been downplayed heavily by the writers with excuses for the Alliance. Such as “only some civlians died”, and “It was because of false information”, and the biggest of all, Baine himself saying it was a legitimate target so they shouldn’t seek revenge.

Blizzard seems allergic to simply letting dark acts by the Alliance be done without giving writer justification for it.

6 Likes

Baine turning the other cheek is (alas) very in character of him.

1 Like

This is true, but I do also feel there is a bit a difference in simply saying “We should not seek revenge. It is not our way and it will only cause further death” compared to “Actually, this hunter-gatherer camp was a military target. They only had themselves to blame. We shouldn’t go to war because of it”.

3 Likes

Oh I agree.

Granted I didn’t follow the Taurajo storyline but it was during a time in which the Alliance wasn’t the knights in shining armour they are today.

(I just think it is funny Blaine forgave them too)

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/PLLtna2.png

As promised.

7 Likes

To be fair, it was a legitimate target.

But so was Theramore!

(Anyone saying hunters can’t be used for warfare needs to sit in the corner)

1 Like

Was it? I was under the impression it was a tauren village with basically civilians and hunters, without any relevant military presence (outside of a couple of warriors)?

But in the end who cares really. It happened what, 14 years ago?

1 Like

By that logic no actual village or town in Warcraft is a legitimate military target as they only have civilians and guards.

No Taurajo is a legitimate target because hunters are ranged troops for the Horde military, they supply the Horde with meat, pelts, and knowledge about the lay of the lands, the secret paths and they can scout for the Horde army.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Hunter_(guard)

I deliberately didn’t mention Taurajo in my list of Alliance atrocities because I knew where it’d go.

Very funny to see it happened anyway.

(also I missed the dwarves slaughtering troll children in their starter zone - that was me forgetting it, rather than deliberate)

1 Like

Well, if there are unarmed civillains… yes?

They should at the very least be given the chance to leave. Then again it is difficult to treat WoW with modern moral categories. Tauren don’t even have a strict “official army” most likely.

1 Like

Dwarves are villains, correct. Don’t tell Thunderbraid though, it’ll make him sad.

he can drown his sorrows in a mug of magic beer

don’t. it’s known that i attended that event.

As i said earlier, it’s a pointless comparison in the grand scheme of things outside of the low key “you guys actually play bad guys and should feel bad” angle some people gun for.

It’s hard to really take the topic too seriously when there’s a precedent of narrative double standards and focus on what lingers in the story.

2 Likes

Which they got!

Or maybe some people would like to play Horde without being part of the obvious evil faction. :person_shrugging:

What are you on about?

I think that it’s very possible to play a Horde OC and not feel like a villain. After all, the PC helps overthrow the villain leaders each time.

Of course, it’s hard to feel like you’re not playing chaotic evil when you rock up for Team Red in the Darkshore warfront.

looks at scrolls of lore

1 Like

Vengeance for the West Sanctum. :fist::pensive:

1 Like