Alliance vs Horde: Which one is the worst according to you?

why don’t u collapse ironforge instead then (i will help)

Another thing I remembered was the gnome in Howling Fjord who experimented on a captured prisoner and turns them into a slime, and then is entirely unapologetic and unconcerned about it.

The exact sort of action that is “forsaken evil!” when they do it, but ignored/played for laughs when it’s an Alliance NPC.

Heartbreaking: Stormwind only remaining capital of the Alliance.

no the exodar doesn’t count, it’s timelocked

2 Likes

How I Stopped Worrying And Learned To Love The Horde, in bookstores any day now.

5 Likes

It is, absolutely. But… I just realized I would really have to write too much here.
Let me try to condense it.

Especially during BFA, I often felt like the game nudged my Horde alts in a direction which was obviously darker than the Alliance’s, and that it did not make a lot of sense for some characters/for a good section of the Horde. And cherry on top, the pay-off turns out to be that you were just a pawn of Sylvanas all along (and by extension, the Jailer)’s masterplan. You see where I am going? It is not very satisfying, to me, as a player.

It is even more jarring when a lot of the Horde’s races theme in BFA is, at that point in time, that they wanted to improve and redeem themselves from past mistakes.
Them suddenly joining a genocidal campaign led by an obvious tyrant does put a grimace on my face.

best example IMO is the ‘there’s a battle going on between the two factions with many injured!’ World Quest in BFA where on Alliance side you need to aid the injured Alliance soldiers and kill some Horde guy (?), whereas on the Horde side of the exact same quest/event you need to go in, kill injured and defenseless Alliance soldiers, and then go seek out the neutral healer that is helping both sides and kill her, too, before lady Liadrin congratulates you on your strength and honour or something along those lines

Felt really on the nose and comically evil in an absolutely pointless way

5 Likes

Lord only knows what their plan might’ve been for the Horde PC in brennadam
“Hey help these horde soldiers pin parents to walls with spears then drag their kids out to watch like the other soldiers are doing.”

2 Likes

And by then you wouldn’t have had the option to refuse order because that’s just how hard they wanted you to get on that ride… Same goes for the rebel choices you got only after people, even those who don’t engage much with the narrative brought it up that it was getting silly for them to go down the evulz route with the evulz Warchief.

1 Like

world quest where you spear 5/5 parents to the barnyard wall in front of their crying children where at the end of the WQ [your fav here]'s head pops up and goes 'The strength of the Horde is unmatched! Go with honour, champion!"

I just feel like Blizzard really didn’t know what they were actually doing writing the Horde for BFA, because you’ve the Saurfang storyline running at the same time as that sort of thing and it’s somehow supposed to be… all Sylvanas’ fault in the end or whatever?

5 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong (and if this was already mentioned!), but didn’t the Forsaken slaughter an Alliance army unprovoked in Howling Fjord? It was one of the Horde’s first questlines, so it must’ve happened before Wrathgate.

It’s not specified who started the conflict around Vengeance Landing though I’m inclined to believe it was the Alliance, solely because VL is an established settlement (docks, zeppelin towers) and the Alliance doesn’t have one.

1 Like

Eh, I thought the choices came because there were people who actually wanted to side with Sylvanas? Or did I misremember that?

Fair enough, although the Alliance showing up later doesn’t mean they started it.

They could’ve landed there to help fight Scourge, and the Forsaken (in cruelty and/or paranoia) struck first.

I’ll have to look into it!

If they landed near a Forsaken town I’d call it suicide really.

Shouldn’t have slaughtered their diplomats I guess /shrug

… Huh, I’ll admit I don’t remember myself, but I’m willing to bet on people wanting a Rebel path/choice instead of being railroaded loyalist. Don’t quote me on this, I tried to look up the infos, didn’t find anything confirming Loyalist was the intended path until the implementation of rebel was added and vice-versa.

Now I’m starting to think I’m crazy too, I thought that originally when you did the quest to find Saurfang in the Ghostlands, you were supposed to aid him, but there were people who didn’t want that, so they got the option to just stop at Redridge and go back home to report to the Warchief. But i may be misremembering too…

After Sylvanas and Forsaken slaughtered Garithos and his army, there was no reason for Stormwind or Ironforge to trust them.
The first human that was willing to ally with the Forsaken died at their hands.

2 Likes

That is correct. The OG route was rebel-only.

But even then the spark of rebellion was ignited only after a while, and mostly limited to Saurfang’s questline.

1 Like

Good, I’m not crazy…

Oh so no the Alliance endorse Garithos? Interesting…

I never said anything pointing to the contrary.

1 Like