Allied race suggestion: Man'ari Eredar

Because Eredar weren’t brought into the Legion against their will, they joined it by themselves. Granted they were misled and Fel had an influence but they are not under direct control of anyone. The fact that Sargeras is now gone does not mean they’d suddenly decide to join the Horde or Alliance. If anything they’d want revenge against the races that helped imprison Sargeras.

1 Like

Then I’m going to comment “Actions of some Demons does not mean all Demons are evil”

Yeah… Those civilians in Gilneas, Southshore and Valgarde were just asking to be plagued for minding their own business.

Because they were Scourge. It’s like a shop owner being concerned about someone who was a criminal.
They could be the nicest of guys, but their past is still there.

The attempted genocide of group after group of people is questionable to you? Wow…

That excuse didn’t work at the Nuremberg trials and it won’t work here.

How? They’re told time and again to stop making chemical weapons and they don’t. Outside of destroying territory that the Horde could claim, what do they bring to the table?

Now replace Demons with Forsaken and Sargarass with Windrunner

I’ll give you some friendly demon NPCs who are on good terms with mortals.

Daglop - Not controlled by anyone, friends with Ted
Bulzan - A wrathlord who respects you as an equal because of the strength you showed
Lurr - Big crusher dude who will do repairs and vendor stuff, respects you out of fear
Calydus - Instrumental in the campaign of the warlocks
Mother Malf - The Shiv in the DH class hall, works with the Illidari to destroy the Legion.
Those are the examples off the top of my head, given research time I could get you a while lot.

The Legion is gone, there are internal power vaccumes that will be filled by arrogant demons wanting to try their hand at ruling.

The Alliance and Horde have shown themselves to match and beat the Legion, so why not go for the stronger side?
They’ll in it for their own necks, just like the Forsaken and the Blood elves were.

The Blood elves didn’t care for the Horde when they joined, but it was to watch their own backs.
Just like the Forsaken, the Tauren brought them in and they stayed because otherwise they would be hunted to death by the Scarlets.

2 Likes

And I stopped reading here. That is completely unnecessary, we’re talking about a fantasy game for god sake not the in real life genocide of people. I don’t wish to continue this discussion.

1 Like

Genocide is genocide, fictional or not. It should be treated with the same level of disgust.
Giving it any less makes it nothing more than a cheap plot device.

1 Like

Eredar as an allied race make no sense at this point, it would just be another cheap dreanei reskin.

While yes they were somewhat like orcs in the beginning. But orcs were more like tools to invade azeroth while Eredar pretty much became high ranking legion members. Also orcs had this happen about 60 years ago while eredar had this happening millenia ago. Thats alot of more fel consumption and souldraining wich will turn them into real demons, demons generally are too powerful to be concidered playable races, atleast the more powerful ones like eredar. Also fel energies make them way too evil/powerhungry to fit in the factions

The ones that did resist like the legion either turned into broken or lightforged

2 Likes

I think with a deft enough writer you could make it work. Maybe some Eredar initially supported the power the legion offered but regretted it in hindsight. It’s a stretch, but not implausible. Basically all the big shots in the Legion are dead now and great empires do not typically fare well when there’s a power vacuum. No doubt most Eredar will want revenge against the Horde and Alliance, but who will lead them? And maybe some Eredar will see this as their only chance to escape the Legion’s grasp. Then you could present a case for them joining both the Horde and the Alliance. I’d argue that the Alliance might not take them because of how devout most races are to the light, but the Alliance did accept void elves so…

I don’t view Eredar as the least likely candiate for a future race and I personally would’ve preferred them over Lightforged. They do make more sense than Void Elves in my opinion, but that’s not really a strong argument. Void Elves don’t make a lot of sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

[Edit] However I recognize that the biggest issue with Eredar is perhaps that they’ve been exposed to fel so long that whatever regret they may have felt may have been long subdued by the evil magic. Also, with the Lightforged Draenei already in the game we might be getting too many goat-people. I view Eredar as a missed opportunity, just like I view High Elves like a missed opportunity. :frowning:

2 Likes

If anything they should be put into the horde.
There is no way eredars will ally themselves with allies. Forsakens are in horde and they are pure evil, so what stop erodars from joining horde?
And yes, there are people in horde who would be happy to play red sexy demons, 70% of the playerbase chose race basing on appearance. I would 100% consider playing one.

2 Likes

“Eredar = Draenei”

“The Alliance is waiting for you”

“They’re just Draenei with a different skin color”

“Blizzard already introduced them in TBC”

“Tbf, giving Eredar to the Horde would blur the faction lines”

“Eredar and Draenei are the same race”

Nah, I was just kidding. I would never be such an entitled elitist great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jelly to ever argue this way.

So sure, (Man’ari) Eredar as a Horde allied race sounds awesome. I fully support it :clap:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

Because their majority at goldshire badum tss

1 Like

Add them to the HORDE AND you will see so many they are sexy beautiful pretty Like Blood Elves females Nighborne lack a lot of customization so imo at horde it is Blood elf >Zandalari>Nightborne>Troll>Orc>Goblin are too short. all females.In Top sexy list

Eredar are evil though. They are demons at a minimum so they’d suffer from Paladin attacks and Warlock enslavement!

Same with death knights tho. They technically are undead and have a spell to enslave a undead. Doesn’t mean they can enslave eachother :stuck_out_tongue:
Besides there are warlock Eredars. Doesn’t mean that they too can enslave eachother XD

I would love the Warlock ones myself…

Actually, Death Knights do not xount as undead. They are essentially rotting living.

Eredar are Deamons through and through. I’ll also play the card that we dont just need to start making every villain a friend.

Give us eredar with the old TBC female model. How disappointed I was when I found out in Legion that female Eredar were regular draenei female… way to screw it up, Blizzard.

Playable Death Knights are a different group than the original Scourge Death Knights (Which, it’s true, were not all raised from the dead).

Playable Death Knights were killed fighting the Scourge at some time prior to their intro zone and then resurrected. The introductory voice over states as much:

A hero, that’s what you once were. You stood boldly against the shadow, and purchased another dawn for the world… with your life .

This is the hour of your dark rebirth…

They’re just not listed as undead for Gameplay purposes.

Eredar are still demons. Allied Race ideas should not require massive retcons.

If you look at comparisons online, Vulpera models seem a close match of a Goblin - under the skin.

How about bad lore? If that is the case, why do we have Voidelves, Nightborne and Mag’har Orcs?
Their existence is riddled with plot holes and missing logic.

Don’t forget that we even support Zul (the guy which started wars in Cata and resurrected the Thunder King in MoP) to impress the Zanchul council…