Ally in World PvP

Wow. Never have I seen such incompetence, stupidity and selfishness at once.

We were in Drustvar, trying to find horde to complete those quests just so we could get gear so we could do well in BGs (though the last BG I was into, was a disaster named Kotmogu, where horde immediately took 4 orbs (Kazzak premade), and a Kazzak DH almost one-shotted my 382 item level Shaman, which is like WHAT THE F, and it also appeared out of nowhere (with orb, so it wasn’t stealth). Normally I can at least DO something, but this time, nothing, just no chance for anything).

We happen to find a couple of horde, but suddenly there’s like 20 horde around us and 2 rogues gank us immediately. This gankatude continues again and again, smaller horde groups, like 2 monks gank me while 10 allies just run around aimlessly and eventually also get ganked one by one. No one helps each other.

What the heck, how can ally be this bad in world PvP?

We ganked lots of horde yesterday as ally group, so how come today, they are just moronic imbecils, running around, letting me get freely ganked by rogues and OP monks, that can, for some reason, keep up with my ghost dino form although I push them back with Thunderstorm (which doesn’t almost work anymore, because everyone seems to either be immune to it or fly right back, so this should be boosted) and use every trick in the book to escape. Just can’t.

Horde immediately focuses 5 or 10 players against 1, and there’s no chance to resurrect safely.

I get ganked about 7 times immediatley when I resurrect, although it looks like there are so many allies around and not that many horde, that it’s safe to resurrect. Reality proves otherwise.

Then we of course get to that disaster of a Kotmogu, where the DH just slices me a few times and I am immediately dead.

This game is pure hell, and I hope I can just stay away from it. It causes more aggravation, stress and anger than anything else in life - everything else is so harmonious and great by comparison. If it wasn’t for addiction, I wouldn’t even have played this long.

2 Likes

i will agree that most ally tend to play without wm now, its just easier and the 15% buff doesn’t encourage ally players to pvp

About players not helping - current game design of WoW promotes selfish rush-rush-rush for more-more-more above anything else, social aspect is so meaningless that players rely on things like r_io more than on other players, and LFG is an answer to almost everything today. Players don’t need to help other players nowadays, and there is not so many who help just because they can.

It sucks and it is very bad, but nobody cares, because game with it’s modern design doesn’t care and give no reasons for players to care. You’re just a random player, sharded/phased with other random players, and you probably never see each other again.

Just look at a post above - % bonus is the only thing that somehow relevant to turn War Mode ON, and not the actual WPvP.

It’s not the case with Alliance only - just look how many hordes make excuses about AOO, demotivation from one quest, to turn War Mode ON, again not even actual WPvP.

Unfortunately you were sharded with more players like that. Happens sometimes.

This, plus everything else you’ve posted, and

I hope you can overcome this addiction, because no game is worth to be taxing to you nervous system or mental health, especially this much. Try doing anything else that makes you happy, and good luck!

2 Likes

There’s an interesting mix of player types in WM on both factions. Some are WPvPers actively looking for kills, others are PvEers filling the role of cannon fodder. Either way, all must die :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simple: whenever you help some Alliance killing a bunch of horde the helped ally runs away as soon as he can and lets you take the hits. I will pass for that.

Yesterday however I was in a killing-mood and made a group to scout through different zones (as Alliance). Was great fun and then you notice exactly the same on the Horde side “oh my fellow hordie is being attacked, let’s see if I can sneakily get away instead hehehehe [/gets ccd and dismounted]

We are not so different…really.

Mate, you are epic. This post made me laugh so much that i almost felt sorry for you (pitty though, you are on the enemy side).
Please do more posts like this. I really enjoyed every word you written.

When things like this happen…you might wanna go more pve than pvp…just to reduce pvp stress and till ur faction become better or somthing…i mean i only play horde but there are times when pvp in general is on alliance favor and there r times when is in horde favor…and there r times when its 50% for both side…win and lose …gank n get ganked…
When i feel pvp is stressing me out …i do take break of it…and focuse pve stuff…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.