Alone. What to do now?

First of all, apologies if this is in wrong section, didn’t really know where to post. Am not really “new or returning” player but I am lost right now.

Long story short, all of my friends have more or less vanished from the game. It’s really lonely and I have been kicking imaginary rocks around lately, not being able to play any character more than an hour maybe. And characters, oh boy I do have lots of those… xD And still I am pondering about one or few more if I would find a place to call home somewhere else.

It feels I have lost the purpose for pretty much any of my toons. I have BfA, And this one unlocked the nightborne. I actually made a new hunter, on Magtheridon. Joined a guild, only to find out it’s full of 120’s who only talk about gear and raids and stuff, and I feel really out of place there. Now I am wondering, if I should just leave the guild, and try to find another one on that realm, but I just thought I’d ask here first.

Almost all recruitment ads are about raiders. I tried to check if there would be reroll projects around, but found none. I can’t afford to move a character so I would need to start over were I to go on different realm. Which is not a problem in itself, I’ve done it before. Just would be nice to have a destination beforehand I suppose. Somewhere where there would be people around all levels, to do stuff together. I do understand that most of the people are at new areas, but yea. I would like to do bit of dungeons, bit of pvp, but I don’t wanna queue solo because that’s just stressful for me and I’d rather enjoy the game… Most of all, it’d be nice to have people to chat with :smiley:

Well this became a wall after all. Can anyone help me, point a direction to head to?

2 Likes

Heyo!

I recommend this thread by cute Punyelf

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/post-if-you-want-to-make-some-in-game-friends-pt3/8983/33

Make your post, and you will for sure find some people to play with!

Good luck!

1 Like

Start with basic - choose social releam not hardcore progression one. Well in those releam also good social people there but most of time you are surrounded by progressive elite people.

Then choose social fun lvling guild. Make sure it is active. Make friends there - voice chat also good option to make friends in game.

People says Argent Dawn has good chatty people but it is rp releam.

Which matters technically nothing at all as long as you do not go around disturbing the already happening RP. :slight_smile:
On horde most RP happens within the guilds while on alliance you can come across RP in the cities easier.

So, umm, how would I know which realm is “social”… In truth, I picked Mag because it’s bigger than Nordrassil… Didn’t wanna go for the biggest ones. Seems I made a mistake.

RP realms in general make me nervous… Too slow typing to take part and I always worry I mess up… xD Any suggestions apart from those?

You do not have to rp in rp releams.

Go for the proper re-roll project - Classic!

And if you can’t wait, try [another official playing realm that’s supported by Blizzard] while you’re waiting.

[edited by Zaxithorne] No discussion of that type on our forums please.

Well, I’m not really looking for rerolls as such, but in those you typically are in the same level range with others, and can do stuff together :slight_smile:

I do think it’s difficult to find the more social guilds, simply because they don’t often have as much organisation or impetus to find new players by posting on forum sites. Generally guilds who are actively raiding are much more likely to post recruitment adverts.

However, just because a guild raids, doesn’t mean they don’t have a social aspect too … it’s just a matter of digging through the info on them to find out if they do, or if they’re one of these guilds where people only log in to raid.

Also … it’s difficult to find guilds where everyone is levelling at the same level as you … because generally levelling is fairly quick, people level at different paces and it doesn’t take long for people to end up at completely different levels.

What you probably need is a guild (or a community) that has people who enjoy playing lots of alts. That way there’s plenty of experience of the different classes, and plenty of experience at levelling - plus, of course people with alts at different levels.

You also have to take into account what you’d like for your WoW future. Would you definitely rule out raiding? Or would you like to give it a go? Do you want to spend a lot of time PvPing? If so, what type?

Basically … work out what YOU want, and then start asking around specifically for that. Take your time and don’t be hasty … some more established guilds will often have websites and/or social media - check those out and see how active they are, and if the activity is relevant and of interest to you.

The likes of wowprogress are probably not very helpful for you, because they’re very raiding focussed … but if you are on Facebook you could check out the EU WoW group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OriginalWoWeu/
Also make sure to check out your Blizzard realm forums : https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/bronze-dragonflight-nordrassil

if there’s nothing there of interest, check out the recruitment forums here:

And just because I can … this is our realm recruitment post :wink:

1 Like

If running dungeons (and a raids every now and then) are your thing then join the Calm Keystones community.

Its a community that was set up to run predominantly m+ (without rio, rage or leaving keys) but it has developed into a more social ‘lets do stuff and have fun’ community. Lots of awesome people that chat rubbish, have fun and run keys day in and out. I’ve personally made a good group of friends from it since I started as a solo player.

If you feel like joining or just want a friend to run some dungeons with/level with then your more than welcome to add me antfany#2849

Horde: [H] Mythics - Calm Keystones - #342 by Triplesoo-lightnings-blade

Alliance: [A] Mythics - Calm Keystones - #55 by Sassyelf-ravencrest

1 Like

Poisonenvy… Thank you so much for the effort and thought, I’ll quite possibly get back to you later when I get home, your guild seems very promising :slight_smile:

Also, obviously, thanks to everyone else that has bothered to read and answer, you all have given me food for thought. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, Sharamoo! I hope you’ll find a suitable new home with the suggestions our amazing community has given you. Basyxqt, Keyur and Poisonenvy are completely right with their assessment of how you should find a guild tailored to yourself and what you like to do - there’s indeed plenty of choice out there on the Recruitment forums for any kind of guild, and it seems some have even extended an inviting hand in this very thread!

Thanks for your contributions everyone!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.