Alternative effect for Soul Link with Metamorphosis

Hey all, so if damage transfer with Soul Link + Meta seem to be problem for the devs why not give it alternative effect while Meta is active instead? It is a final talent in demonology tree after all.

Some examples of alternative effects:

When Soul link is active in Meta, doubles master demonologist effect both for the master and the demon minion.

When Soul link is active in Meta, transfers all threat from the demon minion to the master.

When Soul link is active in Meta, grants special or improved skill to your minion or to you depending on the pet. For example - mana feed to the imp; WOTLK style sacrifice to the voidwalker (loss of health instead of death for the pet); pleasure through pain style buff (retail PVP talent) or something similiar for succubus or maybe tiny stacking attack speed / movement speed / casting speed buff for demons in the party every time succubus uses lash of pain (make it look like purple bloodlust with max stack :smiley: ); felhunter can cast tainted blood on the master, devour magic heals the master; Felguard - gains stacking AP buff (unless it is already in P3), Meta lock gains demonic intercept or replace the charge with intercept (3 sec stun), huge buff to shadow cleave, felstorm for felguard, just something lore friendly.

All of these were just examples, some would be probably easy to implement (double master demonologist effect or something similiar), some would require bit more effort - abilities.

But please dont remove final talent from demo tree for demon form, it just makes no sense. Just change it if you care about PVP that much (hint just nerf damage overall in PVP or give resistance to PVP gear).

1 Like

Good ideas. The +3% more damage done for master and minion should stay as well, it doesn’t cause any issues.

I’m honestly disappointed that they haven’t tried a lite zoo version of Demonology or at least making demons more relevant. The imp is doing well for destro, which I love, but I wish the succubus/incubus were the other default damage pet or a possibility. However, I fear that this spot will be taken by the felguard.

I just don’t like seeing so many classic original abilities be completely overshadowed by new ones. They should be improved, not replaced.

Hope they listen!

Ewww god no. Keep that retail filth out of classic.

It’s already beyond acceptable that priests can now summon 5 pets. Disgusting.

Hands down the worst part about retail is how every class can summon an army of pets.

Pet classes should get a maximum of 1 pet.

But like I mentioned they already screwed up colossaly by giving priest an actual zoo now. Disgustingggggggggg

Wrong, Warlock should get 2 infernals as was shown in original WoW cinematic trailer.