Am I the only one enjoying Shadowlands?

good for you, after spending like 20-30 mins looking for tank in m+, I just alt+f4ed

5 Likes

True, sometimes I like the longer patches though tbh. It gives me time to gear and play more than 1 character. Alt catch up isnt very friendly, maybe thats why, because they knew the patch was going to be so long.

Sometimes I feel like the 'more content’was the leveling process though. Take Classic for example, you experience almost very zone whilst leveling. But now because leveling is so fast you only really have end game content.

Kinda true. If I only played one character I probably wouldnt be playing tbh. But I like to have as many alts as possible :slight_smile:

Yeah they have to sort this. Only fix is removing upgradeable gear through PvP and brackets. Bringing back the WoD PvP gearing system in its entirety. 2 sets, increase to higher ilvl than PvE gear in PvP and thats it.

Maybe honor gear starts at 200 ilvl in 9.1 and scales up to 240 in PvP. Conquest starts at 220 ilvl and scales up to 260 in PvP. Something like that. Then higher rating gives higher conquest cap per week, so the better players can get the gear faster , but eventually everyone will catch up and PvP was based 100% on skill and not 50-50 gear and skill.

1 Like

You know, I dont mind it. I run it once a week. It could be better, like open all the wings at the same time for alts to catch up on soul ash and get legendary powers that get dropped there. Apparently theres a way to do twisting corridors for the power drops but that take waaay too long. Its definitely a chore as it is at the moment. But its the only chore I do.

2 Likes

Spot on about the ‘grind’ not being mandatory. One of the reason I love it. I can just log in and do what I want.

For covenants, that could and should be improved to the point where you can progress with each one without any restrictions swapping between them. They’re all working toward the same goal so how are you ‘betraying your covenant’ by switching. Doesnt make sense to me. It would be nice to get one to renown 40 then swap, get the next to renown 40 and so on. It would give people something more to work toward, be nice to switch it up and play what which ever one you wanted, when you wanted. Plus the covenant abilities change the style which you play your character. So many pros to allowing this, with no cons, is the way I see it. Really bizarre, their train of though on this one…

Tbh i enjoyed it aswell

Just wish they fixed loot & didnt ruin torghast by adding m+ restrictions to it

2 Likes

I like SL well enough to sub from time to time.

Systems are a vast improvement compared to BFA, I enjoy thorgast and the classes are good enough.

Unfortunately I mostly play for the AH and the Lego changes & high competition at the start of the xpack kinda killed my motivation to actually take part in the economy.

That said I recently found a good way to earn money so I may return to it.

How so ?

You can get an alt from character creation to ready for content faster in SL than it would’ve taken to level up an alt in previous xpacks, and barely spend an hour or two a week for progression per alt.

BFA was worse in pretty much every aspect and so was legion.

2 Likes

Yep I’m enjoying it, it’s certainly better than BfA and it brought me back to WoW after that and playing Classic for a bit

1 Like

And Flying sonner this time, er…

9.1 will come sooner than 8.2 did in BFA and there’s no grind required for flying this time.

So yeah, they were right about that one.

2 Likes

I envy your optimism…

Isn’t it linked to renown level?

Linked to the 3rd chapter of the 9.1 campaign, available about one week after patch release iirc.

8.2 came more than a year after BFA’s release

I can safely claim that 9.1 will be released sooner.

Edit : Just checked, nvm was only 11 months or so (August 2018 > July 2019).

Still believe in my claim tho (11 months after SL’s release would be late October/ early November 2022 which is very unlikely seeing how the PTR is shaping up)

I read that is unlocked via renown rank though is that not correct?

The first PTR have that impression (renown 59, so about 7 weeks after launch) but it was both corrected and confirmed by Blizzard that you will farm very quickly after launch simply by doing the campaign.

3rd chapter of the campaign, right after unlocking the main hub. So about two weeks of timegating perhaps ?

And you get a covenant flying mount, the fae one being pretty cool imho

1 Like

If someone came as a new player and hadn’t farmed any renown, how long would it take them?

I don’t think the campaign will be locked behind renown, in previous xpacks Blizz always removed any requirement preventing new players from jumping in the new patch content no matter how badly it messed with the lore.

I would bet on no additional timegating from new players, and at worse it’ll require the covenant campaign so perhaps around 30 ?

While early information indicated that this would be tied to Renown and completion of the Covenant campaign (there will be 40 more levels in 9.1)now we know that this is tied to the third new chapter of your Covenant Campaign, available at renown 50. This is better than having to wait until Renown 59, when the final chapter becomes available.

I just hope it’s not too long, because new players will be put off once again :frowning: